Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie from qc

hi sirs,
    im currently in the process of getting my hands on a NUVI 250. im norman, and most of the time if not at work in taguig, im going about places. hoping we could help one another with this new gadget im gonna have. thanks sirs

(time to remove that map booklet in the car)
    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Originally posted by masterzypher View Post
    hi sirs,
    im currently in the process of getting my hands on a NUVI 250. im norman, and most of the time if not at work in taguig, im going about places. hoping we could help one another with this new gadget im gonna have. thanks sirs

(time to remove that map booklet in the car)
    Hi Norman,

Welcome to Roadguide.ph. Please read the "how to" section while familiarizing with your new gadget. We are looking forward for your contributions and hoping that you become a regular contributor. Please don't hesitate to ask for clarifications on something not clear to you. We are very willing to assist newbies like you.

Good luck.
    See FAQ for Newbies below
    Click Here

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide Norman! Don't remove that map booklet in your car just yet, it just might help you identify and name streets that are not yet named in our updated map . Don't forget to go over the "How to's" and hope to see your contributions soon...

Comment

Hi Norman.
        Welcome to Roadguide.
        Hope to see your contributions soon so you could lay your hands on the updated contributors map.
        Go over our Newbie FAQ (link below) before anything else.
        If you still have questions after that, just post it in appropriate thread.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

thanks sirs,

currently, im trying to figure out the how tos with mapsource, and as of the moment, im trying to create as much waypoints (as war as i understand the process) in my immediate place which is GLOBAL city.

(i am currently basing my wapoint "add ons" on the demo map(!?) but im not sure if these had already been set as waypoints.

im doing trial and error with the establishments and oneway streets in Global City mainly because off the structural upgrades, they often change the traffic routes.

hoping for your guidance and advices mga sirs!
          Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Comment

(i am currently basing my wapoint "add ons" on the demo map(!?) but im not sure if these had already been set as waypoints.
            Hi masterzypher. As long as there are no same labeled POI (point of interest) in the demo map as your waypoints, then that waypoint is good for contribution. Btw, we generally refer to POI as those establishments that are already in the map. Those that we gather for inclusion in the map we call waypoints... HTH

Comment

thanks sirs,

currently, im trying to figure out the how tos with mapsource, and as of the moment, im trying to create as much waypoints (as war as i understand the process) in my immediate place which is GLOBAL city.

im doing trial and error with the establishments and oneway streets in Global City mainly because off the structural upgrades, they often change the traffic routes.

hoping for your guidance and advices mga sirs!
              there are a lot of poi's in global city which are mislocated esp. for those of bldgs. poi's for bldgs should be located at their main entrances and following our waypt std. you can correct those also to earn your contributor status.

for those new one-ways or routings, if its temporary then no need to reflect in the map, as our map is updated every 3mos or so.

Comment

thanks sirs,

i've just got my recent correctoins with my waypoints, ill get into it as soon as i can so i could share with everyone.

also i used the 5.17map not the supposedly v1.09 demo map.. i think i need to acquire it first.
                Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Comment

also i used the 5.17map not the supposedly v1.09 demo map.. i think i need to acquire it first.
                  Please do download the demo map v1.09 and install in your PC's mapsource. Your contributions must be checked against this map to avoid duplication... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                    there are a lot of poi's in global city which are mislocated esp. for those of bldgs. poi's for bldgs should be located at their main entrances and following our waypt std. you can correct those also to earn your contributor status.

for those new one-ways or routings, if its temporary then no need to reflect in the map, as our map is updated every 3mos or so.
                    wow. some of the locations are really not on their supposed places.. this is going to be a difficult job.
                    Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Comment

wow. some of the locations are really not on their supposed places.. this is going to be a difficult job.
                      only when you're still getting the hang of it...

Comment

no it wont i assure you.
                        i did some corrections on some parts but since 110 map is not out yet, you can still upload same corrections to get contributor status.
                        shops on boni hi-street are quite accurate already.
                        hurry! contributors map is way way better.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                          no it wont i assure you.
                          i did some corrections on some parts but since 110 map is not out yet, you can still upload same corrections to get contributor status.
                          shops on boni hi-street are quite accurate already.
                          hurry! contributors map is way way better.
                          @reiji, id be having my lunch break roaming around global city! hahaha. probably in the near radius of SLMC-BGC.

@borgie, thanks sir. id try to burn some eyebrows with this. but as of the moment, im still having fun playing around the software and saving the IMPORTANT ones. hoping to pass the eligibility of a contributer status, me think its a title great to have.
                          Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Comment

Working...
                          X