Cagayan de oro/dumaguete gamin user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cagayan de oro/dumaguete gamin user

hello all.. thanks sa standard map from this site... did a couple of runs here at cagayan, just noticed maraming mga off site na locations, at undocumented na daan... how can i update my map?
    Last edited by Gripitoy; 01-23-2010, 23:15.

Originally posted by Gripitoy View Post
    hello all.. thanks sa standard map from this site... did a couple of runs here at cagayan, just noticed maraming mga off site na locations, at undocumented na daan... how can i update my map?
    hi sir gripitoy,

welcome to roadguide
    1st of all, please put english translation to your post or better yet... post in english as we have foreign members reading our forum.
    please go thru the FAQ inside the HOW TO section.

thanks and good day sir
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

hello sir gripitoy. welcome to roadguide. before answering your question, pls post in english or include an english translation as we have non-Filipino members here.

with regards to your question. you can update your map by contributing those that needs to be updated.

at present, you are using the previous version of the map. once you have read the "how to" section, you will then learn that there is a newer version of the map available which you can see on the computer but will not be uploaded on your unit unless you become a contributor. pls check on the v1.09 demo map. maybe the ones you saw are already updated there. if not yet, pls do contribute them. when you become a contributor, you will enjoy your map much much more as it is more updated.

pls read the FAQ for more info. just click the link below.
      http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526

Comment

hi, i'm sorry, i will post in english from now on... :-)

i followed the steps on using the mapsource, does it only work on Windows XP? im using windows 7 now, after i extracted the files, and double clicked on one of the exe files, nothing happens... anyway, i'd really love to contribute... as i can see that there are un named streets here in cagayan de oro, and some street and bridge names have changed....

and i also downloaded the demo map, but since i cant make the mapsource work on windows 7. i really have no idea how to contribute....

-----------------------------------------------------

i downloaded mapsource 6.13.7 but when installing it says no previous mapsource, how to fix this?
        Last edited by Gripitoy; 01-24-2010, 14:43.

Comment

i followed the steps on using the mapsource, does it only work on Windows XP? im using windows 7 now, after i extracted the files, and double clicked on one of the exe files, nothing happens... anyway, i'd really love to contribute... as i can see that there are un named streets here in cagayan de oro, and some street and bridge names have changed....

and i also downloaded the demo map, but since i cant make the mapsource work on windows 7. i really have no idea how to contribute....

i downloaded mapsource 6.13.7 but when installing it says no previous mapsource, how to fix this?
          Follow instruction from the top....http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=26

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide Gripitoy! Hope you have resolved your mapsource installation problem. CDO contributions are very much welcome, especially updated routing conditions (i.e. one-way streets, no entry, new streets) & of course updated points of interest that would be of great help to travellers and tourist. Give us a pm if you're in the city of gentle people, so we can show you a few tips on how to be an efficient contributor. Hope to see your contributions soon as soon as you've gone over the "How to's"...

Comment

your installation is incomplete. you have to install training center first before mapsource.
              however, im not sure if mapsource 6137 will work on windows 7. if it doesnt work, try the newer version 615.
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                your installation is incomplete. you have to install training center first before mapsource.
                however, im not sure if mapsource 6137 will work on windows 7. if it doesnt work, try the newer version 615.
                yes sir. both 6137 and 6157 runs well on windows 7.

Comment

thanks for clearing up folks.... im so excited about this... :-)
                  well, i hope i still can help within my locality, since i don't travel much cause i'm still studying, and, i dont have my own car... :-)

Comment

thanks for clearing up folks.... im so excited about this... :-)
                    well, i hope i still can help within my locality, since i don't travel much cause i'm still studying, and, i dont have my own car... :-)
                    Marking of waypoints can be done on foot and is the preferred method of some contributors . So not having a vehicle's not an excuse if you really want to avail of the contributor's map. Suggest you set aside a day (few hours only actually and you can record a hundred waypoints easily esp. if the area is not yet well represented in the updated map) to gather waypoints for the commercial district of your locality. And do it before that excitement wanes a bit. But be careful though, this activity can be addicting...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                      Marking of waypoints can be done on foot and is the preferred method of some contributors . So not having a vehicle's not an excuse if you really want to avail of the contributor's map. Suggest you set aside a day (few hours only actually and you can record a hundred waypoints easily esp. if the area is not yet well represented in the updated map) to gather waypoints for the commercial district of your locality. And do it before that excitement wanes a bit. But be careful though, this activity can be addicting...
                      hahaha.. exactly, i'm already starting tagging places after class... i bought a hand strap for my nokia 5800... lol... anyway... my friends call me weird.. and i dont care.. hahaha...... and i'll be riding my bicycle this week around our subdivision to have track of roads not on map yet,., even on google maps....

and oh.. since i cant go all around town, can i use google maps to do the tagging?
                      Last edited by Gripitoy; 01-25-2010, 19:54.

Comment

hahaha.. exactly, i'm already starting tagging places after class... i bought a hand strap for my nokia 5800... lol... anyway... my friends call me weird.. and i dont care.. hahaha...... and i'll be riding my bicycle this week around our subdivision to have track of roads not on map yet,., even on google maps....

and oh.. since i cant go all around town, can i use google maps to do the tagging?

hi sir gripitoy,

i also had thought about that before. but after reading the link below, i understood that marking waypoints via GE is not recommended.

pls read posts # 18, 19 and 20 of this page
                        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=761&page=2

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by gripitoy View Post
                          hahaha.. Exactly, i'm already starting tagging places after class... I bought a hand strap for my nokia 5800... Lol... Anyway... My friends call me weird.. And i dont care.. Hahaha...... And i'll be riding my bicycle this week around our subdivision to have track of roads not on map yet,., even on google maps....

And oh.. Since i cant go all around town, can i use google maps to do the tagging?

google earth...yes, google map... No
                          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                          - Bruce Lee

Comment

totally agree sirs... i did some random check.. and yes.. it wasnt accurate.. oh well, i''l just wait till i get a time to go around the city... thanks all for your help...

Comment

totally agree sirs... i did some random check.. and yes.. it wasnt accurate.. oh well, i''l just wait till i get a time to go around the city... thanks all for your help...

not just accuracy issue... copyright issue also
                              - Bruce Lee

Comment

Working...
                              X