CMT - Nuvi 285WT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMT - Nuvi 285WT

Just got the unit yesterday and loaded the standard map. I work near SM Mall of Asia and live in Antipolo Marcos Highway side. Will try to walk around the area to mark the several parking entrances and the shops that are around the mall and seaside.

I also started target to walk at least 10,000 steps per day starting yesterday so medyo match with walking around with the Nuvi. Got a pedometer too kasi

BTW, anyone joining the PSE run this Sunday or the Condura on Feb 7? I am trying to have some regular physical activity due to my 'high cholesterol' levels, he he he

Welcome to Roadguide.
    Make sure to download latest demo map ver 1.09 for reference of your contributions. Also, please read "How to's" thread.
    Looking forward to see your contributions!

Comment

hi CMT, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay! If you have any questions at all feel free to ask. Good luck on your run!

Originally posted by CMT View Post
      Just got the unit yesterday and loaded the standard map. I work near SM Mall of Asia and live in Antipolo Marcos Highway side. Will try to walk around the area to mark the several parking entrances and the shops that are around the mall and seaside.

I also started target to walk at least 10,000 steps per day starting yesterday so medyo match with walking around with the Nuvi. Got a pedometer too kasi

BTW, anyone joining the PSE run this Sunday or the Condura on Feb 7? I am trying to have some regular physical activity due to my 'high cholesterol' levels, he he he

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
        hi CMT, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay! If you have any questions at all feel free to ask. Good luck on your run!
        Thanks, I sent some waypoints today, I hope I did it correctly.

Comment

hi cmt.
          welcome to roadguide.
          pls check with demo map 1.09 first before doing your marking.
          afaik, almost all parking areas in SM MOA had been included in latest contributors map.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Allow me to share some tips, gathered from experience.

When tracking on foot, it's best to do the walk briskly. If you go slower than 5.5KPH (i think that's the minimum, i forget now where i read it), your track will come out jagged (which I like to call DRUNKEN MASTER TRACK).

I'll try to experiment on the minimum speed some time in the near future.

84, ay 83b pala, not counted eh.
            Last edited by woohoo; 01-14-2010, 13:05.
            Certified Roadguide.ph Addict

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Allow me to share some tips, gathered from experience.

When tracking on foot, it's best to do the walk briskly. If you go slower than 5.5KPH (i think that's the minimum, i forget now where i read it), your track will come out jagged (which I like to call DRUNKEN MASTER TRACK).

I'll try to experiment on the minimum speed some time in the near future.

84, ay 83b pala, not counted eh.
              My normal pace is brisk walking na

Anyway my purpose is to create waypoints while walking. What I noticed is that the waypoints created does not really match the location on map so adjust na lang based on the map.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                hi cmt.
                welcome to roadguide.
                pls check with demo map 1.09 first before doing your marking.
                afaik, almost all parking areas in SM MOA had been included in latest contributors map.
                Yup, noticed that too when I started to view the waypoints I made + the 1.09.

Thanks

Comment

My normal pace is brisk walking na

Anyway my purpose is to create waypoints while walking. What I noticed is that the waypoints created does not really match the location on map so adjust na lang based on the map.

Thanks
                  Yes, perhaps I'll modify my method of saving waypoints when walking. I'll walk briskly by, rather than stop in front of the place, and press the car icon at the right time.

Certified Roadguide.ph Addict

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Yes, perhaps I'll modify my method of saving waypoints when walking. I'll walk briskly by, rather than stop in front of the place, and press the car icon at the right time.

That's a good method . I even gather waypoints when i'm travelling as a passenger. Important thing to remember is when you press to mark the waypoint, that coordinates for that instant is recorded and it does not matter when you press "OK" (applicable for the 60CSx). Another thing is to not forget (write it down if you can) if the POI is at the right/left side of the road based on your travel direction and of course the name/label...

Comment

Can you check if you have pedestrian mode in your Nuvi? you can set at this rather than in automotive mode when walking. Although I have never compared the tracks generated by pedestrian mode vs. Auto mode.

Comment

Working...
                      X