Another Newbie from South

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Newbie from South

Hi I'm Jared and my GPS unit is a nuvi 205w which I got from Best Buy at $99 on the Thanksgiving, before I came back to Manila I already downloaded the 5.17 map and I was so excited that I put it in my cousin's car right out from NAIA. I know GPS is still in it's infancy in the Philippines and I'm not expecting the free map to be as accurate and comprehensive as in the US. But honestly I was impressed at the first few kilometers. But upon entering SLEX, I got the impression that most users seldom use the expressways as indicated by the lack of proper exit waypoints and speed limit (SLEX is up to 100kph from Nichols to Calamba) on the map.

Since I'm regularly plying the Makati-Muntilupa route, I guess I can contribute the most sensible tracks in this part of woods.

HTH

Originally posted by jared201 View Post
    Hi I'm Jared and my GPS unit is a nuvi 205w which I got from Best Buy at $99 on the Thanksgiving, before I came back to Manila I already downloaded the 5.17 map and I was so excited that I put it in my cousin's car right out from NAIA. I know GPS is still in it's infancy in the Philippines and I'm not expecting the free map to be as accurate and comprehensive as in the US. But honestly I was impressed at the first few kilometers. But upon entering SLEX, I got the impression that most users seldom use the expressways as indicated by the lack of proper exit waypoints and speed limit (SLEX is up to 100kph from Nichols to Calamba) on the map.

Since I'm regularly plying the Makati-Muntilupa route, I guess I can contribute the most sensible tracks in this part of woods.

HTH
    hello sir jared201. welcome to RoadGuide Philippines. pls don't forget to read the How To Section to be guided on your contributions. i'm sure you will enjoy the version 1.09 more as compared to the 5.17.

Comment

Welcome Jared201,

Have a good Christmas holiday and pls read the "How to" section for the latest and best information on contributing. If you have any questions after that, feel free to post.

Regards,
      Experiencia Docet

Comment

HTH
        On the latest version 1.09 map Slex waypoints are comprehensive. Your contributions are most welcome thus try to upgrade your map to latest version by contributing and you will see the difference

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide Jared! The contributor's map is indeed much better than the free map. And you can enjoy this map if you contribute. Hope to see your contributions soon...

Merry Christmas!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I'm still using the 5.17 up to now, since I haven't heard anything from The Judge yet. Anyway, here's a short demo of my garmin attached to my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hWtQoAR3K8

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, I'm still using the 5.17 up to now, since I haven't heard anything from The Judge yet.
              If you haven't heard from the Judge, that would probably mean that your contributions are still not enough to give you the contributor's map. So just keep on sending in your additional contributions just to be sure instead of waiting and waiting...

Happy New Year

Comment

Working...
              X