Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pinoy Talaga!!

Hello all,

Big thanks to all people who make this community forum happen, I've been blown away when I discovered this forum, how smart and ingenuity of pinoy.

Im due to come home early next year so I just tried to search a Philippines maps online and almost put my order online on Mapking. Fortunately I discovered this forum and just tried to transfer the Philippines routable map 5.17 on my garmin Nuvi 885T (microSD 8gig)by using Mapsoure as per instruction on this forum.
    When I turned on my gps search a city (voice activated feature of this GPS) and I cant believe how this thing happen, I did only first tried and work flawlessly. So I called back home what I found and discovered of this wonderful community forum, but I end up 3 order (Nuvi 885T)from my parent and sisters. Luckily it Xmas and the prices drop to the max.
    I even see my City (Tuguegarao, Cagayan City) and La Union.
    I deeply appreciated all people who make these overdue Philippines Maps happen.

Thanks a lot.

Pinoy Talaga!!

Originally posted by Eagleone View Post
    Hello all,

Big thanks to all people who make this community forum happen, I've been blown away when I discovered this forum, how smart and ingenuity of pinoy.

Im due to come home early next year so I just tried to search a Philippines maps online and almost put my order online on Mapking. Fortunately I discovered this forum and just tried to transfer the Philippines routable map 5.17 on my garmin Nuvi 885T (microSD 8gig)by using Mapsoure as per instruction on this forum.
    When I turned on my gps search a city (voice activated feature of this GPS) and I cant believe how this thing happen, I did only first tried and work flawlessly. So I called back home what I found and discovered of this wonderful community forum, but I end up 3 order (Nuvi 885T)from my parent and sisters. Luckily it Xmas and the prices drop to the max.
    I even see my City (Tuguegarao, Cagayan City) and La Union.
    I deeply appreciated all people who make these overdue Philippines Maps happen.

Thanks a lot.

Pinoy Talaga!!
    Hi Eagleone,welcome to Roadguide, Pls.feel free to ask your questions and we are all willing to help.Try to contribute and upgrade your map. The latest version is 1.09 and what you have downloaded is only a teaser map but will be able to go through of it. So far 1.09 is so comprehensive than any other maps available for Phils.and good thing is free. Its about 33mb in size. Enjoy your stay and happy holidays

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
      Hi Eagleone,welcome to Roadguide, Pls.feel free to ask your questions and we are all willing to help.Try to contribute and upgrade your map. The latest version is 1.09 and what you have downloaded is only a teaser map but will be able to go through of it. So far 1.09 is so comprehensive than any other maps available for Phils.and good thing is free. Its about 33mb in size. Enjoy your stay and happy holidays
      Hello,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Is the 1.09 demo is routable as well?

Cheers.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Is the 1.09 demo is routable as well?

Cheers.
        Welcome to Roadguide Eagleone.
        Nope, 1.09 demo is your reference only for contributions.
        However, 1.09 contributor's map is routable and you'll be more
        amaze how wonderful it is.

How to get contributor's map? please read "How to's" Thread.

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Hello, Eagleone,

Welcome. You will find much information in the "How to" section. Always feel free to ask if you have a question and someone will be able to help you out.

Regards,
          Experiencia Docet

Comment

Hi Eagleone.
            Welcome to Roadguide.
            The Eagle has landed.
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Nicely done Reiji0463!! Actually Im on my way to Houston to visit my long lost Aunt this coming New year holiday. Im so glad all you guys are cool!! Im sure I will enjoy my stay on this fantastic community forum..

Comment

Nicely done Reiji0463!! Actually Im on my way to Houston to visit my long lost Aunt this coming New year holiday. Im so glad all you guys are cool!! Im sure I will enjoy my stay on this fantastic community forum..
                Cool as in sub zero beer

Comment

Thanks all for the tip (How to) upgrade my Philippines routable map 5.17 to newer one. I send a pm to JAN..Hopefully Im lucky enough to obtain the unlocked 1.09..Wish me luck..

Comment

Thanks all for the tip (How to) upgrade my Philippines routable map 5.17 to newer one. I send a pm to JAN..Hopefully Im lucky enough to obtain the unlocked 1.09..Wish me luck..
                    I believed you have browse some of the info on "How to" section, anyway to reiterate, you have to contribute first in order to get an upgraded map, you have to PM the Judge (not Jan) to get the unlock code. And mind you is not difficult to get upgraded map, just a little time and dedication so to speak, as you progress on your submitted contribution, you will be guided by our fellow roadguiders to correct to standards the waypoints or tracks etc you have submitted.

Comment

Hello, Yes Im aware the rules on how to obtain the unlock upgraded map. And yes I PM the judge/JAN ( my unit ID: and so on). Unfortunately Im not in the Philippines at a moment but I mentioned to judge once Im back in Philippines I will log my waypoints from airtport Manila to Cagayan Valley, Tuguegarao. That's a lot of waypoints and POI etc. Hopefully Im lucky enough if he send me those request..I cant wait to try the maps later..Is there any contribution that I can make while in here at Texas/Irving?

Comment

Hello, Yes Im aware the rules on how to obtain the unlock upgraded map. And yes I PM the judge/JAN ( my unit ID: and so on). Unfortunately Im not in the Philippines at a moment but I mentioned to judge once Im back in Philippines I will log my waypoints from airtport Manila to Cagayan Valley, Tuguegarao. That's a lot of waypoints and POI etc. Hopefully Im lucky enough if he send me those request..I cant wait to try the maps later..Is there any contribution that I can make while in here at Texas/Irving?
                        Yes, you can trace and submit polygons via google earth, we have a member in Indonesia (Roadguide 2000) who actively contributes too.

Please refer to link below:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1246

Comment

Cool! I will do that soon..

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide Eagleone! Hope to see you become a contributor to this awesome GPS mapping project. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                              Yes, you can trace and submit polygons via google earth, we have a member in Indonesia (Roadguide 2000) who actively contributes too.

Please refer to link below:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1246
                              You can also trace tracks from GE. Pls check demo map for those missing tracks esp. in the provinces.
                              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                              X