Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomjayo View Post
    Hi,

I noticed that Rizal Ave is labeled as Rodrigues Ave.... were you able to correct this already for ver 1.1?

I will try to cover the whole stretch and also SM Taytay this holiday season. Hopefully I could make worthwhile contribution with my time off.
    Pls reserve SM Taytay later after 1.10 version. I did post waypoints for it and the restos inside.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
      Pls reserve SM Taytay later after 1.10 version. I did post waypoints for it and the restos inside.
      Ok, when is 1.10 version expected to come out?

Is it possible to send me a list (if you have one) of all the POIs you made for Taytay? I got a few days off coming up and I'd like to use it to get some POIs.

Thanks man!
      Last edited by jomjayo; 12-23-2009, 10:01.

Comment

Hi jom & welcome to Roadguide! You're off to a good start, it'll not take long for you to get the contributor's map that's for sure. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Ok, when is 1.10 version expected to come out?

Is it possible to send me a list (if you have one) of all the POIs you made for Taytay? I got a few days off coming up and I'd like to use it to get some POIs.

Thanks man!
          Ok. Check your PM box.
          Btw, its called POI when its already in the map. When gathering it, its refered as waypoint.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
            Hi jom & welcome to Roadguide! You're off to a good start, it'll not take long for you to get the contributor's map that's for sure. Merry Christmas!
            Thanks chief. I believe in what you guys do and how you do it, and would like to be an active part of it for a long time. Years from now, I know every car will have this system.

Quick question:

Do we have a rule that classifies what kind of waypoints gets to the map?

Aside from the more obvious stuffs such as Police stations, gasolines station, Inns, convenience store etc... how about small scale but well established business (5 years of existence) entity like

Internet shops, dress repair shops, no brand litson manok station, water refilling stations, party needs store, your suking barbershop sa kanto, bycycle shops, bigger than normal sari-saris store... carenderia/eatery.

Comment

Thanks chief. I believe in what you guys do and how you do it, and would like to be an active part of it for a long time. Years from now, I know every car will have this system.

Quick question:

Aside from the more obvious stuffs such as Police stations, gasolines station, Inns, convenience store etc... how about small scale but well established business (5 years of existence) entity like

Internet shops, dress repair shops, no brand litson manok station, water refilling stations, party needs store, your suking barbershop sa kanto, bycycle shops, bigger than normal sari-saris store... carenderia/eatery.
              All of them will qualify as waypoints, although no name/brand establishments do not make it to the map, so do not bother to upload them. Only problem with the less than obvious stuff is that they are given less weight compared to the more important waypoints.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                although no name/brand establishments do not make it to the map, so do not bother to upload them..
                By these statement, does it follows that an Andok's along Rizal ave in Taytay will make it on the map while the a certain Richie' litson manok 4 meters ahead won't?

Vulcanizing shops/repair shops - is it safe to say that since these establishements are very important to motorist that all of them will make it on the map regardless of branding?

Comment

By these statement, does it follows that an Andok's along Rizal ave in Taytay will make it on the map while the a certain Richie' litson manok 4 meters ahead won't?

Vulcanizing shops/repair shops - is it safe to say that since these establishements are very important to motorist that all of them will make it on the map regardless of branding?
                  What I mean is that Andok's and Richie's will make it to the map because they are properly named. But a waypoint with only Litson Manok as name will not make it.

L. Waypoints that are prone to deletion

Your waypoints will most likely be deleted if they are:

a. in the middle of the street (unless it is a bridge, a boundary arch or subdivision entrances)
                  b. too far away from the street (unless they are located along streets not yet existing in the map or located inside a mall)
                  c. waypoints that are not accompanied by proper names (ex. schools, towers, churches etc. that were simply uploaded as "school, tower, church etc.") Exception to this would be bridges, we will accept them even without proper names.
                  d. unfamiliar waypoints that are not accompanied by a description in the comment field
                  e. familiar waypoints that are not accompanied by proper symbols
                  f. waypoints that were uploaded in the wrong thread
                  g. inside a mall/building without the address included (compulsory, remember...)
                  h. waypoints of parking spaces that are not located in entrances (much more important than waypoints inside the mall, indicate in the comment field that it is parking entrance)

Comment

Quick question:

Pls have in mind also that we do not want to clutter our map with unnecessary waypoints.
                    For me, I only include waypoints which majority of motorists will look for.
                    Suking barbershop or sari-sari stores will only be good for those living in the area, and if your living around the area, you wont need a gps map to look for these wps. Just IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                      Pls have in mind also that we do not want to clutter our map with unnecessary waypoints.
                      For me, I only include waypoints which majority of motorists will look for.
                      Suking barbershop or sari-sari stores will only be good for those living in the area, and if your living around the area, you wont need a gps map to look for these wps. Just IMHO.
                      Thanks, I now have a clearer picture of my target waypoints.

I decided to only include establishments such as barber shop or sari sari store if they are visible enough that they also serve as landmarks.

Comment

Thanks, I now have a clearer picture of my target waypoints.

I decided to only include establishments such as barber shop or sari sari store if they are visible enough that they also serve as landmarks.
                        If you are submitting waypoints from an area with very few POIs, any establishment can be recorded & uploaded as long as it has a name (not a generic name as mentioned by Pokz, but an exception to this rule imo are vulcanizing shops). These waypoints/POIs can serve as landmarks for travellers & could be of help too, imho...

Comment

Working...
                        X