No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everyone,

i just bought myself a garmin nuvi255w from us, i would like to ask where and how can i get free philippine map. coz i see some dealers offer P3000 to install maps in it and POi ( is this expensive?) im really excited to use it.. by the way the unit will be arriving this coming dec 11.

thanks i really need help...

jessie

Originally posted by jespiritu1976 View Post
    hi everyone,

i just bought myself a garmin nuvi255w from us, i would like to ask where and how can i get free philippine map. coz i see some dealers offer P3000 to install maps in it and POi ( is this expensive?) im really excited to use it.. by the way the unit will be arriving this coming dec 11.

jessie

Ay dont pay them, map is free. ano ba offer nila sa yo?

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide sir jespiritu1976.

Philippine map is free, this is just the same map they offered for a fee.
      You just need to read more on "How to's" thread and better learn how to
      contribute to have contributor's map which if more complete and amazingly good.
      Hope to see your contributions soon.

Comment

hi everyone,

jessie
        Hi jessie,

Welcome to Roadguide.ph.

You can download the Standard Map for your GPSr here below;

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=5

This map is a very basic map but enough for basic navigation. To avail the updated version, please contribute for the improvement of this map. Please read the how tos on how to contribute.

You can download the demo map for your pc here below;

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17

You can not upload this map into you GPSr but to your pc only for the purpose of verifying your contributions.

Good luck.
        See FAQ for Newbies below
        Click Here

Comment

thanks for all the advice.. here is the link that ive been talking about regarding the philippines map.

<link deleted>

coz to be honest i realy dont know how to do it. will just save it on the sd card and plug and play or do i have to put the gps unit on to the usb the install it..?

im sorry about this but i really zero knowlege on how to use it.. maybe its best to read the instruction manual first right?

thanks again

jessie
          Last edited by Reiji; 11-30-2009, 07:54. Reason: deleted link to map seller

Comment

thanks for all the advice.. here is the link that ive been talking about regarding the philippines map.

<link deleted>

coz to be honest i realy dont know how to do it. will just save it on the sd card and plug and play or do i have to put the gps unit on to the usb the install it..?

im sorry about this but i really zero knowlege on how to use it.. maybe its best to read the instruction manual first right?

thanks again

jessie
            Hi Jessie & welcome to Roadguide! Why don't you post again when you have your unit already & we'll walk you thru the map installation process then. In the meantime, please do go over the "How to's" as you will learn a lot from the threads there...
            Last edited by Reiji; 11-30-2009, 09:40. Reason: deleted link to map seller

Comment

<link deleted>

thanks again

jessie
              hi jessie.
              welcome to roadguide.
              map is free here, all you have to do is contribute.
              dont worry theres a lot of people here who will help you.
              almost all members started from zero knowledge on mapping.
              just heed borgie's advice and you will be fine.
              Last edited by Reiji; 11-30-2009, 09:41. Reason: deleted link to map seller
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

one day to go i will be receiving my gps im very excited... although my car is an old isuzu highlander 97 model...

i would really to want contribute especially in our place Las pinas city...

hoping for all your support

jessie

Comment

hi sirs and madams,

it has finally arrived my nuvi 255wt i will upload the picture later on...

now the problem begins how can i download the philippine map into the system....

i have to read the threads now to educate myself hehehehe

Comment

hi sirs and madams,

it has finally arrived my nuvi 255wt i will upload the picture later on...

now the problem begins how can i download the philippine map into the system....

i have to read the threads now to educate myself hehehehe
                    Hi jessie,

Congratulations for having the new unit. Starting today, we are looking forward for more participation on the part of you. If you have further question, please don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck.
                    See FAQ for Newbies below
                    Click Here

Comment

Working...
                    X