hello from Fairview QC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello from Fairview QC!

hi i'm volts... newbie, using garmin mobile xt on e75...

been planning a roadtrip to boracay via aklan from manila within the next couple of weeks... will be glad to share waypoints and POIs i see along the way..

will check the thread on how to update before i start hitting the road. thanks!

Originally posted by voltscastillo View Post

been planning a roadtrip to boracay via aklan from manila within the next couple of weeks... will be glad to share waypoints and POIs i see along the way..

welcome to roadguide sir voltscastillo,

1st step is to read the "how to" section
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

hi volts.
      welcome to roadguide.
      hope to see your contributions soon.
      aim to get our contributors map, its way way better than our standard map.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Hi volts and welcome to Roadguide. So you're planning a trip within the next couple of weeks, why wait before then to contribute? You can easily get contributor status before your planned trip if you start contributing now. And bonus is, you get to use the contributor's map in your planned trip . Methinks the contributor's map will make your trip more interesting. With the standard map, you'll not know if a POI is in the map (has been contributed already) unless you check the demo map, which would be a hassle on the trip. IMHO...

Comment

thanks for the warm welcome

only managed to get the gps to connect a week ago, hehe, still new to this (but its been my dream ever since i saw my sister's OnStar in the US).

i would like a voice to help me navigate up north and down south. i tend to do a lot of roadtrips, and in my experience, i go through more Y intersections than most people - where a simple misjudge of direction and you end up lost for hours in an unfamiliar town (especially in the bicol area... whooo).

made two landtrips to catbalogan samar, three to pagudpod, two to baguio, one to cagayan (hey i like to travel) within the last 4 years. if i'd known that there'd be a working map for the philippines i woulda bought a garmin couple years ago, would have saved me a few dozen hours wandering around aimlessly in bicol and cagayan. and we all know how scary it is to be lost and chasing the last daylight so we wont have to board the last ferry @ 8PM, right?

anyway, hope to contribute. i'm now actually figuring out how to use mapsource.

Comment

Working...
          X