Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie with a Nuvi 765 TWN

HI,

I've been using a gps device since 07 (garmin forerunner 305) and specifically used it for surf ski (kayak) Later on, influenced our dragonboat team to eventually use it for training as well. GPS use in paddling sports is quite common in Canada. The 305 was also with me when I successfully ran the Bataan 102km UltraMarathon last April 09. We used 2 devices as the battery would only last for 8 to 9 hrs. My 310xt is arriving this week and thats good for 20 hrs! Looking forward to using it when I go for the 2nd Bataan 102 next March 2010.

I used to be part of Mapalad.org contributing what I can to the local Palm community. Unfortunately, forum eventually closed. Glad I found some of the here. Hi Cloyd and MonkeyKing

As being part of the Subaru Club of the Philippines, I was unintentionally influenced on the nuvi. haha I finally fell for it and got a nuvi 765. I dont know how I lived without it for so long. (Been driving since I was 12 - official with parents permission). Now having the nuvi just makes driving a more relaxed experience. I now also can save fuel by not hurrying up too much just as long as my time of arrival is spot on. :-) Helps a lot especially when having multiple meetings in different metro locations.

The Ecoroute is a new nuvi software feature. I love it, keeps me controlled. It will integrate with a bluetooth obdII accessory that Garmin is releasing early next year. It will show various engine parameters such as coolant temp, rpm, etc. Hopefully the ecoroute will use the engine data to more accurately show fuel economy and routes used.

I look forward to contributing regularly and help you guys with your needs as I do with our car club.
    Last edited by MFB; 11-08-2009, 09:03.

Originally posted by MFB View Post
    HI,

I've been using a gps device since 07 (garmin forerunner 305) and specifically used it for surf ski (kayak) Later on, influenced our dragonboat team to eventually use it for training as well. GPS use in paddling sports is quite common in Canada. The 305 was also with me when I successfully ran the Bataan 102km UltraMarathon last April 09. We used 2 devices as the battery would only last for 8 to 9 hrs. My 310xt is arriving this week and thats good for 20 hrs! Looking forward to using it when I go for the 2nd Bataan 102 next March 2010.

I used to be part of Mapalad.org contributing what I can to the local Palm community. Unfortunately, forum eventually closed. Glad I found some of the here. Hi Cloyd and MonkeyKing

As being part of the Subaru Club of the Philippines, I was unintentionally influenced on the nuvi. haha I finally fell for it and got a nuvi 765. I dont know how I lived without it for so long. (Been driving since I was 12 - official with parents permission). Now having the nuvi just makes driving a more relaxed experience. I now also can save fuel by not hurrying up too much just as long as my time of arrival is spot on. :-) Helps a lot especially when having multiple meetings in different metro locations.

The Ecoroute is a new nuvi software feature. I love it, keeps me controlled. It will integrate with a bluetooth obdII accessory that Garmin is releasing early next year. It will show various engine parameters such as coolant temp, rpm, etc. Hopefully the ecoroute will use the engine data to more accurately show fuel economy and routes used.

I look forward to contributing regularly and help you guys with your needs as I do with our car club.
    Hi MFB & welcome to Roadguide! Guess you already know what's expected of new members & how you can get the contributor's map. So no need to repeat it here. We're happy to know that you look forward to contributing as that would greatly help in improving the usefulness of our Roadguide map, and to the bnefit of all members. Hope to see more contributions from you...

Comment

Hi MFB, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay!

Comment

Thanks! I piled up waypoints and contris already. Hopefully all are valid. I saw some of my contris on the 1.09 map already.

Comment

Working...
        X