Hello po from Washington DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello po from Washington DC

I have great respect for this team. Pinoy Power!!!

1st, thank you for letting me join the forum. 2nd, I would like to ask for some info. Background...I'm going home in June and the plan is to acquire a Garmin that is highly rated by this team. Then, when I go home will try my best to acquire some maps so that I can contribute upon return to DC.

I welcome any suggestions/advice that you may have. specially what kind of Garmin unit i should get. Thank you.

Pangga.

hi Pangga, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay!
    Be sure to read the How To Section, learn to contribute if your time permits, so that you can get the Contributor's version of the map. It's awesome!
    if you have any questions at all feel free to ask..

On the garmin unit I suggest the 265WT for city driving. Also go over the nuvi thread... there are tons of info from other members...

Originally posted by Pangga View Post

1st, thank you for letting me join the forum. 2nd, I would like to ask for some info. Background...I'm going home in June and the plan is to acquire a Garmin that is highly rated by this team. Then, when I go home will try my best to acquire some maps so that I can contribute upon return to DC.

I welcome any suggestions/advice that you may have. specially what kind of Garmin unit i should get. Thank you.

Pangga.

Comment

Originally posted by Pangga View Post

Pangga.
      Hi Pangga. Welcome to Roadguide. The best Garmin to acquire is one that can record 1 second tracks without any modification. Lots of info here about Nuvi's that can do just that and you can also check out user reviews at amazon.com... if you have more questions ask away...

Comment

Hi Pangga, I am a newbie too. My wife and I are visiting Manila in January and I am bringing my Nuvi 255 with me and I will try to use it while I am there. I will post my experience with regards to it. As for the the Nuvi 255 I am very pleased with it. But I am no expert since this is my first GPS but compared to the others ones I tried (borrowed from friends) this is very easy to use. My only complain is that there is no quick way to get back to the menu page. You have to click "back" until you reach menu. I wish it is easier.

Comment

Working...
        X