Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neophyte from davao city

hello everyone!

i just got interested in gps 2-3 months ago and i ordered a colorado 400t after a month of scrutinizing what unit to buy. anyway, the unit is underway. i have a magellan pioneer gps but was never interested before because the unit is not that sensitive to the satellites. going over this site/community, i realized that i should have owned this colorado long before because i used to travel a lot all over davao city even in the far flung areas or places people here never get to go thru.

i've gone through over and over the "how to" section but can't really get a good hold of what to do...really. a lot of question at the back of my mind like:
    1)is the version 1.09 map the upgraded map?
    2)going over the 1.08 map, i noticed that some waypoint in davao city are not really what they were named for, i.e. Davao Regional Hospital ( it is now Davao Medical Center or commonly called DMC)
    3) do we have a standard way point icon to use for the admin to have an easy way of determining what is new or added to the map?
    4) is there a way to get a list of contributors of davao city? patulong sana ako sa kanila. hehehe.

anyway, its nice to know that there is this community for us to share our piece.

Godbless!!!

sam

Hi doc and welcome to Roadguide. To answer your questions"

Originally posted by docsamcruz View Post
    The latest map is version 1.08 and you can download a demo version. Version 1.09 is the forthcoming version and ongoing submitted contributions will be for 1.09...

2)going over the 1.08 map, i noticed that some waypoint in davao city are not really what they were named for, i.e. Davao Regional Hospital ( it is now Davao Medical Center or commonly called DMC)
    There are indeed some points of interest (POI is what they're called if they're in the map already) that needs to be corrected for wrong name, wrong location or wrong icon. Also, an address and a telephone no. can be added as a correction to the POI. Correcting POIs will also count towards attaining contributor status...

3) do we have a standard way point icon to use for the admin to have an easy way of determining what is new or added to the map?
    No standard waypoint icon for new POIs that are to be added to the map. Rather, we put in the standard icons that would represent the POI. Please go over the demo map to see what icons are used for common POIs. When in doubt as to what icon to use, put a description of that waypoint in the waypoint comments box.

4) is there a way to get a list of contributors of davao city? patulong sana ako sa kanila. hehehe.

anyway, its nice to know that there is this community for us to share our piece.

Godbless!!!

sam
    No, but you can start a thread for Davao Roadguide'rs so you can also have mini-EB's and learn from each other. And you can always post your questions and for sure there will be someone willing and able to answer them.

Hope to see your contributions soon...
    Last edited by Borgie; 10-27-2009, 12:03.

Comment

hello everyone!

i just got interested in gps 2-3 months ago and i ordered a colorado 400t after a month of scrutinizing what unit to buy. anyway, the unit is underway. i have a magellan pioneer gps but was never interested before because the unit is not that sensitive to the satellites. going over this site/community, i realized that i should have owned this colorado long before because i used to travel a lot all over davao city even in the far flung areas or places people here never get to go thru.

i've gone through over and over the "how to" section but can't really get a good hold of what to do...really. a lot of question at the back of my mind like:

Godbless!!!

sam
      hi sir docsamcruz,

welcome to roadguide.
      our map here will work well with your colorado but unfortunately i dont think it will work with your magellan.

we have 2 maps here, namely 5.17(5.08) which you can download to your magellan and v1.08
      since you are a jm, you can download the 1.08 demo map and use it as basis so that we can prevent duplicate submittion

i'll try to answer your question
      answer to number 1
      the v1.08 map is the contributors map, its the map that has more detail and used by the contributor. its the latest map as of this writting. we are now working on the v1.09

number 2
      we have a correction thread here to correct whatever it is needed to correct

number 3
      refer to number 2

number 4
      you can post if theres somebody from davao that can help you hand on.

heres what you do
      download the mapsource
      download v5.17(5.08)
      download v1.08 demo map

then read the "how to" section
      waypoints standard
      tracks standard

and if you have anymore question ask away

good day and God Bless to you sir
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

thanks to hbt and borgie for your prompt reply

never thought that the reply would be just minutes. hehe. More power to you guys!!! keep it up!!

Comment

hi doc.
          welcome to roadguide.
          i guess an eb in davao will be forthcoming.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
            hi doc.
            welcome to roadguide.
            i guess an eb in davao will be forthcoming.
            That would be nice, I guess we need to scout now for cheaper air fares (expensive if not promo price eh)

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
              That would be nice, I guess we need to scout now for cheaper air fares (expensive if not promo price eh)
              batangas muna sir.....then cebu or doomsville.....then davao.
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Click Member's List>Search Members (top right arrow)>Advanced Search>Type "Davao" in Location field>Search Now. This should give you a list of all members who put Davao as their location. Hth.
                Last edited by pokz; 10-27-2009, 18:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                  batangas muna sir.....then cebu or doomsville.....then davao.
                  i agree!

Comment

thanks a lot for all the responses

good day to you all.

mind if i ask what is "EB"?

sam

Comment

hi docsamcruz, EB means Eye Ball or to meet someone..
                      Welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay!

good day to you all.

sam

Comment

good day to you all.

sam
                        hi docsamcruz,

check this out: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....3&postcount=15
                        Last edited by hbt; 10-28-2009, 11:08.
                        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

eb

hahaha! sorry and thank!! not familiar with abbreviated terms.

Comment

Working...
                          X