Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Newbie

Hi guys!

I'm Argie. Just got back from a vacation in the States where I bought my Nuvi 255w. I was so happy using it there and I was browsing the web today and found this site. I was willing to shell out my bucks so I could navigate in the US but to be able to use it here in the Phils would be a blessing indeed. I just signed up today and hope I can also contribute later as I am still downloading the needed tools. Thanks for this site!

Originally posted by argiegonzalez View Post
    Hi guys!

I'm Argie. Just got back from a vacation in the States where I bought my Nuvi 255w. I was so happy using it there and I was browsing the web today and found this site. I was willing to shell out my bucks so I could navigate in the US but to be able to use it here in the Phils would be a blessing indeed. I just signed up today and hope I can also contribute later as I am still downloading the needed tools. Thanks for this site!
    hi argie,

welcome to roadguide
    best way to start is to read the "how to" section. then if you have any question post away, im sure some gentlemen or ladies will be happy to help you out.

good day and God Bless
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi guys!

Hi Argie and welcome to Roadguide. You won't be shelling bucks here as the standard map is for free. As for the contributor's map, it's free as well but only if you contribute and maybe spend some bucks on gas to gather your data for contribution ... Please go over the the "How to's" before gathering your data so you'll be properly guided on how to contribute and prepare your data for upload... Hope to see your contributions soon...

Comment

Hello argiegonzalez,

For quick start, you may download the following (save first before run)

1. Download Training center
        2. Mapsource 6137.exe
        3. Philippine routable 5.08 , here - http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=26

Philippine routable 5.08 map can be send to your GPS by using mapsource

or you can download the gmapsupp.img and copy to Garmin folder in GPS
        here

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=6

Finally download the latest demo map ver 1.08 here for your reference
        of contribution.
        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=17

As everybody says, please read "How To's" thread.....

Enjoy your stay

Comment

hi argiegonzalez, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay! If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask..

Hi guys!

Comment

Working...
          X