Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standard Map

Hi

I have downloaded and copied the standard map ( gmapsupp.img ) to my Garmin, and I can see it there in the directory but as I am still in the UK for a couple more weeks can't check it out. Is the .img file all I need to use the basic info and what data will I be able to access?

The contributors map looks pretty good so far and I can certainly add a few more POI's etc.. Our house is not on the map for a start!

I spent over 15 years teaching GIS, GPS and Remote Sensing in a UK university so intend helping to produce a good Philippines map through this website, once I have settled in there.

Best wishes

Peter

Originally posted by posthome View Post
    Hi

I have downloaded and copied the standard map ( gmapsupp.img ) to my Garmin, and I can see it there in the directory but as I am still in the UK for a couple more weeks can't check it out. Is the .img file all I need to use the basic info and what data will I be able to access?

The contributors map looks pretty good so far and I can certainly add a few more POI's etc.. Our house is not on the map for a start!

I spent over 15 years teaching GIS, GPS and Remote Sensing in a UK university so intend helping to produce a good Philippines map through this website, once I have settled in there.

Best wishes

Peter
    Hi Peter.
    Welcome to Roadguide.
    The standard map is just a teaser...if you can contribute then you can get the contributors map version 1.08 which is way way better than the std map.
    You can view the demo map using mapsource which is same with contributor map but you cant send it to your gps unit.
    Pls read "How to" section. Im sure with your experience you can catch up quick.
    We will be waiting for your contribution.
    FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by posthome View Post
      Hi

Hi Peter and welcome to Roadguide. With your GIS experience, you'll feel right at home here. Re your query, you can put your GPS in demo mode and change your location (from the UK) to the Philippines. Then you can really check the map out and even do simulated routing. And yes, the .img file is all you need to access all the info contained in the Philippine map. But as mentioned by Reiji, it's the teaser map. We look forward to seeing your contributions so our map will improve further...

Comment

Working...
      X