Hello from Canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Canada!

Hi, I travelled by bicycle last winter in the Phillipines and am returning again this winter(Feb,Mar,Apr). I thought that I would like to try it using a gps this time to help me navigate and maybe to upload where I've been to my blog and google maps back home so people could follow my progress. I'm interested in going to North Luzon and also Samar,Leyte and maybe parts of Mindanao-but nothing is in stone yet so I could wind up anywhere! I don't know a thing about using a gps though so I will have to learn-lol! I hope that I can contribute a lot and hopefully enough that I can get the full map here for this trip and future trips!

Cheers
    Chris

Originally posted by cgrahams View Post
    Hi, I travelled by bicycle last winter in the Phillipines and am returning again this winter(Feb,Mar,Apr). I thought that I would like to try it using a gps this time to help me navigate and maybe to upload where I've been to my blog and google maps back home so people could follow my progress. I'm interested in going to North Luzon and also Samar,Leyte and maybe parts of Mindanao-but nothing is in stone yet so I could wind up anywhere! I don't know a thing about using a gps though so I will have to learn-lol! I hope that I can contribute a lot and hopefully enough that I can get the full map here for this trip and future trips!

Cheers
    Chris
    welcome to the forum cris,

the best way to start learning is to read the "how to" section and if you have any question feel free to ask and post away. im sure some gentlemen or ladies will be happy to lend you a helping hand.

good day and God Bless
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by cgrahams View Post

Cheers
      Chris
      Hi Chris,

Welcome to Roadguide. For the mean time please read the "how tos". As a member of this forum, you can download the standard map and the 1.07 demo version (for PC only) and you can simulate routes in your GPS already and further study you planned routes. Please read the section on how to contribute without GPS so that by the time you come to Philippines you are already entitled to the Contributor's map which is updated and more complete. You will find how complete the Contributor's map is. For your information, we are on process of completing the Samar-Leyte, Davao and Ilocos and pagudpod areas in the North which are on your planned itineraries.

If you have further clarifications, don't hesiate to ask question. Our colleagues here are very willing to assist you in many ways possible.
      See FAQ for Newbies below
      Click Here

Comment

Hi Cris & welcome to Roadguide! Please download the demo map & install in mapsource so you can see for yourself the present coverage of the Roadguide map. Then you can check out the places you mentioned & do route simulation so you can determine approximate travel distances & times. Hope your travel plans push through & we can be of help...

Comment

Working...
        X