Nuv Nube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuv Nube

hi there, nube here on this GPS thingie. in my bike rides, i've seen some comrades with gps units on their steeds which i found really cool. tried one Nuvi 250 from Garmin and i was honestly surprised at how easy it was to navigate. this entry level unit really lowered the barrier and made things enjoyable for me.

my friend told me i check out this site to get more tips and contribute as well. i really feel this type of forum is self propagating and very helpful to nubes like me, which helps expand the GPS user base in the Phils (presumably a good thing).

I already downloaded the latest firmware from garmin on my unit on top of the fact that my nuv has the phil map uploaded already. Not sure though if this is the latest one or just the basic map. Can you help shed some light guys?

Is there any Nuv250 user here as well? Am planning to attach this to my supermoto's handlebars but it's not waterproof and built like the other garmin models for bikes so am wondering if it can still hack it - the weather and vibrations i mean. looking forward to any1's feedback.

Hopefully I can learn more from this site and contribute as well.

more power guys! Cheers!

hi BXM, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay!
    Be sure to read the How To Section, learn to contribute if your time permits, so that you can get the upgraded version of the map.

Your friend is right.. RoadGuide can help you out.. On the unit I'm using the same series like you.. mines a 265WT and I also upgraded my firmware...

On the map, what you have is the standard basic one..

On the bike mount other guys here can help you with that or try to do a search on the other threads... Hope to see your contributions soon...
    I'm also from Paranaque....

Originally posted by BXM View Post
    hi there, nube here on this GPS thingie. in my bike rides, i've seen some comrades with gps units on their steeds which i found really cool. tried one Nuvi 250 from Garmin and i was honestly surprised at how easy it was to navigate. this entry level unit really lowered the barrier and made things enjoyable for me.

my friend told me i check out this site to get more tips and contribute as well. i really feel this type of forum is self propagating and very helpful to nubes like me, which helps expand the GPS user base in the Phils (presumably a good thing).

I already downloaded the latest firmware from garmin on my unit on top of the fact that my nuv has the phil map uploaded already. Not sure though if this is the latest one or just the basic map. Can you help shed some light guys?

Is there any Nuv250 user here as well? Am planning to attach this to my supermoto's handlebars but it's not waterproof and built like the other garmin models for bikes so am wondering if it can still hack it - the weather and vibrations i mean. looking forward to any1's feedback.

more power guys! Cheers!
    Last edited by razorspells; 10-10-2009, 00:37.

Comment

Originally posted by BXM View Post
      Hi BXM,

Welcome to Roadguide. While reading the "how tos", don't hesitate to ask for clarification on the subject not clear to you. Here, we are always ready to help newbies like you. We are looking forward for your contributions to make this map as complete as possible.

My best regards.
      See FAQ for Newbies below
      Click Here

Comment

Hi BXM and welcome to Roadguide. Please try to checkout amazon.com. Lots of handlebar mount choices there that you can use as reference when choosing what would be best for your needs. A bought a RAM handlebar mount there myself but found it too heavy and an overkill for a mountain bike. It'd be perfect for MCs imo. Hope to see your contributions soon...

Comment

Welcome to Roadguide BXM!

You might want to check this out...

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=229
          - Lost No More -

Comment

Working...
          X