No announcement yet.

Katipunan Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a little help. Do I have to submit one track for each street or can I submit the whole track and just add waypoints for the start and end of each street?

Another thing, to the mac users, roadguide saves as a gpx file. how do i save it as a gdb?

Comment

Originally posted by swissknife View Post
      need a little help. Do I have to submit one track for each street or can I submit the whole track and just add waypoints for the start and end of each street?

Another thing, to the mac users, roadguide saves as a gpx file. how do i save it as a gdb?
      Since you're still familiarizing yourself with mapsource, you can submit all the raw tracks in 1 file. You can mark the street intersections with waypoints if you want. And later in mapsource, you can add waypoints to name the streets. For saved files, you can upload gpx files instead of gdb, they're just about the same.

As soon as you download your tracks, please upload it here so we can have a look and give you additional pointers... HTH

Comment

sample stuff

I'm still trying to delete the tracks where there are already roads. Also, having trouble where a portion of a street is in one track and the remainder in the other.

Anyways, here is what i have so far. I'm planning my route for tomorrow. Was only able to download 1.8 this evening.

Comment

I'm still trying to delete the tracks where there are already roads. Also, having trouble where a portion of a street is in one track and the remainder in the other.

Anyways, here is what i have so far. I'm planning my route for tomorrow. Was only able to download 1.8 this evening.
          Wow, i must say you have a nice set of 1 sec tracks there. Very good resolution. Now i'm not familiar with the mac equivalent of mapsource but if they have the same set of editing tools, you can use the "track divide" toolbar to cut and cut your tracks till those overlapping tracks can be separated. Another way is to draw (using the "track draw tool") a new track to represent the nuvi tracks. Advantage of drawing over is you can straighten tracks which you are straight and make sharp 90 degree turns. Please play around with mapsource for a while so you get the hang it and for the meantime, your 1 sec nuvi tracks are good enough to upload . And please go over the track standards http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=992 so you'll be guided when naming roads.

Regarding your waypoints, after you've finalized your tracks, please move/position them at least 8-10m from the road line. Please review the waypoint standards as well http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=761 so the waypoints can be properly labeled (ex. Bpi Cabanatuan Melencio may be written as BPI@Cabanatuan Melencio). For the government offices waypoints, you can use the "city hall" icon. Please don't forget to upload your contributions in the appropriate thread... TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
            Wow, i must say you have a nice set of 1 sec tracks there. Very good resolution. Now i'm not familiar with the mac equivalent of mapsource but if they have the same set of editing tools, you can use the "track divide" toolbar to cut and cut your tracks till those overlapping tracks can be separated. Another way is to draw (using the "track draw tool") a new track to represent the nuvi tracks. Advantage of drawing over is you can straighten tracks which you are straight and make sharp 90 degree turns. Please play around with mapsource for a while so you get the hang it and for the meantime, your 1 sec nuvi tracks are good enough to upload . And please go over the track standards http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=992 so you'll be guided when naming roads.

Regarding your waypoints, after you've finalized your tracks, please move/position them at least 8-10m from the road line. Please review the waypoint standards as well http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=761 so the waypoints can be properly labeled (ex. Bpi Cabanatuan Melencio may be written as BPI@Cabanatuan Melencio). For the government offices waypoints, you can use the "city hall" icon. Please don't forget to upload your contributions in the appropriate thread... TIA
            Thank you sir! I was wondering about the straightness of the roads since i think the track is too accurate. It even shows when I had to swerve for potholes and the ever present tricycle. I saw the Mac equivalent to cut the track and link it up again. Maybe I'll just track everything i can here and just edit back in manila. I just sneak out of parties kasi

I understand the tracks have to come first before the waypoints. So I'll finish the tracks first. This is getting exciting and addictive!

Comment

Thank you sir! I was wondering about the straightness of the roads since i think the track is too accurate. It even shows when I had to swerve for potholes and the ever present tricycle. I saw the Mac equivalent to cut the track and link it up again. Maybe I'll just track everything i can here and just edit back in manila. I just sneak out of parties kasi

I understand the tracks have to come first before the waypoints. So I'll finish the tracks first.
              The tracks are sort of bread crumb trails and each point represents a record taken at 1 sec interval so it will show when you swerve especially if you're going slow, hence the need to do some editing. Agree with you to just track everything and edit when you have the time, but not too long lest you forget some details. Again, if you can get a street map with street names, that would be best. And be sure hindi ka papagalitan ni esmi when you sneak out of parties... baka she'll berate you for the wrong reasons, hehe, j/k...

And yes, tracks first before finalizing the position of the waypoints. But you can do recording of tracks and waypoints simultaneously, just remember to note the position of the waypoint in relation to the road. Remember to note when you upload your waypoints that "tracks uploaded/to be uploaded in the tracks thread"...

This is getting exciting and addictive!
              Welcome to the Roadguide'rs club...
              Last edited by Borgie; 10-30-2009, 16:13. Reason: added more info

Comment

Again, if you can get a street map with street names, that would be best. And be sure hindi ka papagalitan ni esmi when you sneak out of parties... baka she'll berate you for the wrong reasons, hehe, j/k...

And yes, tracks first before finalizing the position of the waypoints. But you can do recording of tracks and waypoints simultaneously, just remember to note the position of the waypoint in relation to the road. Remember to note when you upload your waypoints that "tracks uploaded/to be uploaded in the tracks thread"...

Welcome to the Roadguide'rs club...
                Tried the city hall, no success. I'm not too sure if they don't have one, or are just on holiday thinking and thus do not want to entertain my request. I got the street names of the streets i tracked. They're still in my notebook.

I have to correct one street on the new map labeled main road. It's just a gravel road.

Kumander knows why i sneak out. I have full support! hahaha

Comment

your choice. either way is acceptable.

great tracks.
                  use waypoints with the waypoint tool ("start delete" / "stopdelete" ) or create a route "delete this"

and upload in the correct section please
                  How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                    your choice. either way is acceptable.

great tracks.
                    use waypoints with the waypoint tool ("start delete" / "stopdelete" ) or create a route "delete this"

and upload in the correct section please

Thank you sir. Was able to start editing already. I think I'll be able to submit the tracks per street.

Sorry for that. Uploaded here for sir Borgie to have an idea of what i had. Didn't want to upload trash in the uploads section.
                    Last edited by swissknife; 11-02-2009, 19:20.

Comment

Thank you sir. Was able to start editing already. I think I'll be able to submit the tracks per street.

Sorry for that. Uploaded here for sir Borgie to have an idea of what i had. Didn't want to upload trash in the uploads section. wait 2 secs to reload the image
                      Hi Swissknife. As soon as you're done editing, please upload your tracks & waypoints in the appropriate threads. Looking forward to seeing your contributions incorporated in the upcoming Roadguide map v1.09...

Comment

Yes sir. May mga last minute pahabol pa tonight e.

Can't wait till my garmin gets a contributors map. The standard map is useless here

Comment

Yes sir. May mga last minute pahabol pa tonight e.

Can't wait till my garmin gets a contributors map. The standard map is useless here
                          I'm sure you'll enjoy your Garmin better with the contributor's map in it, and moreso when you see your own contributions in the map

Hope to see more contributions from you...

Comment

I'm sure you'll enjoy your Garmin better with the contributor's map in it, and moreso when you see your own contributions in the map

Hope to see more contributions from you...
                            Was able to upload already sir. Hope you can check it out as well and tell me if it's ok or not.

Barely back from the province and i'm already thinking of which roads to track next time. I'm thinking of a system to go about it. Parang kalat masyado approach ko. Well, it's my first time pa lang naman. Next time will be better.

Comment

Working...
                            X