NEWBIE from laguna/EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEWBIE from laguna/EU

Hi guys! Im xavier from laguna and currently working onboard a cruise liner, Im thinking of buying a satnav because i easily get lost while driving specially in makati/qc area(promdi...hehe). What can you suggest guys? I also checked and compare the prices of Garmins that they sell there and here outside Phil., and it seems to be lower here. Would it work there if I buy a Garmin here and download a map courtesy of this graceful website? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by 2furious View Post
    Hi guys! Im xavier from laguna and currently working onboard a cruise liner, Im thinking of buying a satnav because i easily get lost while driving specially in makati/qc area(promdi...hehe).
    hi 2furious, welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay!

What can you suggest guys?
    On the satnav it will depend on your budget and your use. For driving some members here purchase the Nuvi 205 and others get higher models.

I also checked and compare the prices of Garmins that they sell there and here outside Phil., and it seems to be lower here. Would it work there if I buy a Garmin here and download a map courtesy of this graceful website?
    On prices you are right it's cheaper there than buying in the Philippines. The map here is compatible with Garmin devices.

Thanks in advance.
    No problem and if you have additional questions, feel free to ask..
    Hope to see your contributions once you get a satnav!
    Last edited by razorspells; 10-07-2009, 06:26.

Comment

Hi 2furious and welcome to Roadguide! Please read the different threads and topics about gps devices so you'll be able to make an enlightened decision as to what gps device to purchase. Hope to see your contributions soon...

Comment

Hi guys! Im xavier from laguna and currently working onboard a cruise liner, Im thinking of buying a satnav because i easily get lost while driving specially in makati/qc area(promdi...hehe). What can you suggest guys? I also checked and compare the prices of Garmins that they sell there and here outside Phil., and it seems to be lower here. Would it work there if I buy a Garmin here and download a map courtesy of this graceful website? Thanks in advance.
        hi sir,

gps prices here are very expensive compare to the gps in the US or other country. best if you buy it abroad. try ebay, amazon or tiger gps

thanks and welcome to roadguide
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

hi xavier. welcome to roadguide.
          roadguide map is compatible to garmin units.
          if it will be for navigation purpose, nuvi will be best choice.
          check out the different units. its best if you can get nuvi with
          1-sec track log.
          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

thanks

thanks guys for the warm welcome.

Comment

Working...
            X