Newbie po

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
    If not on demo map, pls gather it in one gdb file.
    Follow waypoint std as to naming, location, symbols, etc.
    Yes, I noticed that you can put the symbols on the Mapsource. Once i have changed it in my demomap, how do I make it a gdb file? Does it mean that everytime I record a new waypoint, I adjust my demo map?

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
    Yes you compare your contribution against the demo map using mapsource..
    I suggest that you accumulate them first then submit... saves you a lot of time...
    Accumulation means leaving it at my GPS or on my demo map?

Originally posted by hbt View Post
    just make sure its on the right (or left) side of the road
    How do you do this? Do i record it while I am entering the door? do i sound stupid? lol

Comment

hi Marlboro,

1. Collect / Record / Accumulate all waypoints on your GPS

2. Transfer them to Mapsource using transfer / "Receive from Device" on the mapsource menu.

3. You can now see the waypoints on mapsource and you can now save them by going to File / "Save As" and name your file. (gdb - file extension)

4. On recording the waypoints please read the waypoint standard thread. This is important so that you contributions will be at par with RoadGuide standards.
      http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....39&postcount=2

Comment

Originally posted by Marlboro View Post
        Yes, I noticed that you can put the symbols on the Mapsource. Once i have changed it in my demomap, how do I make it a gdb file?
        just save as new gdb file

Does it mean that everytime I record a new waypoint, I adjust my demo map?
        yes.

Accumulation means leaving it at my GPS or on my demo map?
        after adjustment of each waypoint, you can copy-paste waypoints into your master gdb file, which you can submit in our upload thread.

How do you do this? Do i record it while I am entering the door? do i sound stupid? lol
        yes...i do it like that if i can...stupid? nah, we just want to be accurate as possible.
        but the more easier way if youre in a car....record the waypoint in front of its entrance, then move it in mapsource perpendicularly achieving the desired distance of 8-10m.

add: once your waypoint becomes a poi, it would be easier for us routing towards the poi, gps unit will say you have arrived in your destination when you get to the front entrance.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
          2. Transfer them to Mapsource using transfer / "Receive from Device" on the mapsource menu.
          Marl is using an E71 with xt kuya so this does not apply. But this will http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....6&postcount=39. Marl, please go over that thread so you'll know how to mark waypoints using xt as well as how to extract the data so you can open and edit it in mapsource... HTH

Comment

pls remember that our waypoint should be at the correct side of the road.
            otherwise routing will be bad...imagine your gps saying that you have arrived at your destination, and when you look up, your poi is at the opposite side of edsa.
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
              Marl is using an E71 with xt kuya so this does not apply. But this will http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....6&postcount=39. Marl, please go over that thread so you'll know how to mark waypoints using xt as well as how to extract the data so you can open and edit it in mapsource... HTH

Hi Borgie. Am using a nuvi205.

Comment

Hi Borgie. Am using a nuvi205.
                Sorry. E71 is what's written in your "GPS unit" info. Please update the info then...

Comment

updated it sir Borgie

Comment

Working...
                  X