New here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here

Hi all, kasasali ko lang dito kanina. wanna see what i can share in this forum. sana maging useful ako dito, hehehe. I'm currently working as a GIS assistant (but working also on remote sensing) here in UPLB. We've got tons of information that I believe can be shared (syempre pipiliin din natin, hehe), for the sake of all philippine GPS users - professional and non professional alike.

Originally posted by ldbarua View Post
    Hi all, kasasali ko lang dito kanina. wanna see what i can share in this forum. sana maging useful ako dito, hehehe. I'm currently working as a GIS assistant (but working also on remote sensing) here in UPLB. We've got tons of information that I believe can be shared (syempre pipiliin din natin, hehe), for the sake of all philippine GPS users - professional and non professional alike.
    Hi ldbarua & welcome to Roadguide. There's quite a number of us here with GIS background & that's a welcome development. Hope you can share your GIS data in the context of Roadguide & your active presence in the forums. Hope to see your contributions as well so you can enjoy the updated contributor's map...
    Last edited by Borgie; 09-22-2009, 15:26.

Comment

Hi Idbarua,

Welcome to Roadguide. Please start reading the "how tos" section and you can ask questions if you need further clarifications.

We are looking forward for your contributions for further improvement of Roadguide GPS Map.

Happy GPSing.
      See FAQ for Newbies below
      Click Here

Comment

hi idbarua,

and if you have any question on how we do or contribute things here, feel free to ask and post away

welcome and God Bless sir
        Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
        - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. Eto nag babasa basa na nga sa mga sections ng forum, hehe. Pero silip silip muna kasi medyo kasagsagan ng trabaho ngayong panahon.

Correction pala mga katoto, it's Ldbarua.

karamihan sa mga meron ako ay meron na din sa basic (demo) map. magtitingin tingin pa ko ng pwedeng idagdag. taga dito ako ngayon sa may campus ng UPLB, so mukhang ito muna ang ima-mapa natin. hehehe.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. Eto nag babasa basa na nga sa mga sections ng forum, hehe. Pero silip silip muna kasi medyo kasagsagan ng trabaho ngayong panahon.

karamihan sa mga meron ako ay meron na din sa basic (demo) map. magtitingin tingin pa ko ng pwedeng idagdag. taga dito ako ngayon sa may campus ng UPLB, so mukhang ito muna ang ima-mapa natin. hehehe.
            hi sir,
            although we do not forbid the use of tagalog, but kindly put english translation to your tagalog post so that our foreigner friends can understand.

better yet use english

thanks and good day hope to see your contribution soon
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

okay... I thought it's okay to use tagalog that loose. I'll use my crude english from now on.

Comment

Hi ldbarua,

Make sure the map you are holding is 1.07 demo map. I've been through (Bay and Los Banos)- but not not totally completed the UPLB/IRRI area. Some portions which are obscured by clouds must be tracklogged and existing buildings (polygons) should be traced from GE or coordinated as waypoints.

Please countercheck your polygons with Sir Reiji0463's list at below link;

For your information, version 1.07 is not polygon-udated in the South Luzon area.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....9&postcount=20
                See FAQ for Newbies below
                Click Here

Comment

hi ldbarua, welcome to RoadGuide, hope to see your contributions... if you need anything at all, feel free to ask.. enjoy your stay!

Comment

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
                    Hi ldbarua,

Make sure the map you are holding is 1.07 demo map. I've been through (Bay and Los Banos)- but not not totally completed the UPLB/IRRI area. Some portions which are obscured by clouds must be tracklogged and existing buildings (polygons) should be traced from GE or coordinated as waypoints.

Please countercheck your polygons with Sir Reiji0463's list at below link;

For your information, version 1.07 is not polygon-udated in the South Luzon area.

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....9&postcount=20
                    hi roadguide,

I'll check the link you posted. Regarding the map version, I'm yet to download version 1.07, the map installed in my mapsource is 1.06.

I'll see if i can squeeze digitizing from google earth and the campus maps I have. Hehe, but my schedule of activities is jam packed. Basta, I'll try parin.

BTW, does anyone here work with ESRI shapefiles? I'm looking for a way to convert my shapefiles to gdb and other mapsource formats.

update: i don't have permission yet to view your posted link. I believe there's a minimum number of posts before i can view that post. Anyway, i'll thread hop for a while and post to earn my permission.
                    Last edited by ldbarua; 09-23-2009, 20:50. Reason: Update

Comment

BTW, does anyone here work with ESRI shapefiles? I'm looking for a way to convert my shapefiles to gdb and other mapsource formats.
                      Welcome to Roadguideph sir Ldbarua...

anyone also who can help us convert shapefiles to gdb...
                      [COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Garmin GPSmap 76CSx[/COLOR]

Comment

hi roadguide,

I'll check the link you posted. Regarding the map version, I'm yet to download version 1.07, the map installed in my mapsource is 1.06.

I'll see if i can squeeze digitizing from google earth and the campus maps I have. Hehe, but my schedule of activities is jam packed. Basta, I'll try parin.

update: i don't have permission yet to view your posted link. I believe there's a minimum number of posts before i can view that post. Anyway, i'll thread hop for a while and post to earn my permission.
                        shpfiles are ok. zip and upload. mention datum used.
                        How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

You can use gpsmapedit or global mapper to convert shp files to gpx. Gpx files can be opened in mapsource & google earth...

Comment

thanks jan and borgie for the info. i'll send the files as soon as they're ready (dunno when will that be, but its after next week for sure. too much work, so little time!).

i'll look for that global mapper software next time.

thanks also neilgratuita for the welcome.

Comment

Working...
                            X