Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noobie

Hello!

One of the car forums led me to this site. I just got my Garmin Nuvi 750 recently and been searching sites on how to walk me through the installation and stuff.

I read the owner's manual and I can't even see any guide on how to charge the battery (charging time and all)

I got this unit since my friends and I will be joining the Northern Adventure Race this coming Saturday and decided that this will be the best time to test the GPS :sly:

This is our route: Manila - Baguio - San Fernando, La Union - Dagupan - Subic

I just hope that I'll have enough time until tomorrow to read and learn everything in this forum and be able to have it ready before Saturday
    Last edited by _LO_; 09-17-2009, 22:02.

Originally posted by _LO_ View Post
    Hello!

One of the car forums led me to this site. I just got my Garmin Nuvi 750 recently and been searching sites on how to walk me through the installation and stuff.

I read the owner's manual and I can't even see any guide on how to charge the battery (charging time and all)

I got this unit since my friends and I will be joining the Northern Adventure Race this coming Saturday and decided that this will be the best time to test the GPS :sly:

This is our route: Manila - Baguio - San Fernando, La Union - Dagupan - Subic

I just hope that I'll have enough time until tomorrow to read and learn everything in this forum and be able to have it ready before Saturday

Hi LO,

Welcome to Roadguide and hope you enjoy your stay.

My unit is a Nuvi 260W. I use the USB cable and plug into my PC to recharge it or use the supplied USB cable to charge from the car lighter battery. My other unit which has no built in battery is not rechargeable.
    See FAQ for Newbies below
    Click Here

Comment

^thanks for the welcome sir!

I just realized that the unit does not have a memory card in it so I still need to purchase one before I can get started. hehe.

Comment

^thanks for the welcome sir!

I just realized that the unit does not have a memory card in it so I still need to purchase one before I can get started. hehe.
        You don't need the memory card. The maps from here will easily fit in the memory of your nuvi.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
          You don't need the memory card. The maps from here will easily fit in the memory of your nuvi.
          wow thanks sir! you just saved me some money

Comment

Hi _LO_ welcome to RoadGuide and enjoy your stay! Good luck on your race!

Comment

Hi LO,
              welcome to roadguide family, as sir POKS say you don't really need the sd card to install the map in your GPS but it will be a great storage of mp3 music and photos,that's why for me,no more cd in my car since all of my favorite music are in my gps sd card,good luck on your race.

Comment

Hello LO,

Welcome to Roadguide. you can download routable map 5.17 here
                http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=6
                and follow instructions. Be a contributor and you will say WOW with the updated contributor's map. Enjoy your stay

Comment

Hi LO and welcome to Roadguide. Hope to see your contributions soon, that is if you're interested in getting your hands on the contributor's map...

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
                    Hi LO and welcome to Roadguide. Hope to see your contributions soon, that is if you're interested in getting your hands on the contributor's map...
                    thanks for all the replies

I am really looking forward in being a contributor soon. I am always out on the road and I hope I can be of help to others as well

Comment

thanks for all the replies

I am really looking forward in being a contributor soon. I am always out on the road and I hope I can be of help to others as well
                      Great attitude.... Looking forward to see your contributions...

Comment

Welcome to RoadGuide.Ph family!!!
                        - Lost No More -

Comment

Working...
                        X