Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from San Pedro

Hi folks!

I am really impressed how you have organized things here. I started to use the standard map and am going over the standards for data uploads so i will make a good contributor for waypoints and tracks for places here down south. I realized standard map doesn't have roads yet for our area.

By the way I tried to dl the demo map. having trouble running it using mapsource. downloaded it and when i opened file doesn't seem to work. can somebody help me with this thanks

Dongbu205
    "He is no fool who gives up what he can't keep to gain what he can't lose"

welcome.

download again. but save first. then run.
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Originally posted by Dongbu205 View Post
      Hi folks!

I am really impressed how you have organized things here. I started to use the standard map and am going over the standards for data uploads so i will make a good contributor for waypoints and tracks for places here down south. I realized standard map doesn't have roads yet for our area.

By the way I tried to dl the demo map. having trouble running it using mapsource. downloaded it and when i opened file doesn't seem to work. can somebody help me with this thanks

Dongbu205
      hi sir dongbu,

welcome to roadguide.

save then run the 107 demo map use the unlock code to open the map.(demo cant be tranfer to your unit, it will serve only as basis to see whether what you are contributing is in the map or not. to prevent double entry)

hope to see your contribution soon. feel free to ask away if you have a question

good day and God Bless
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Registry Editing Has been disabled by administrator msg

Guys,

I tried everything you suggested. Every time I run the exe file it gives me the message "registry editing has been disabled by administrator".

I need help with this. I am really looking forward to contributing to this group but this is really giving me a major hindrance. Is there another way of sending you the data besides this??

Thanks for your patience!

dongbu205
        "He is no fool who gives up what he can't keep to gain what he can't lose"

Comment

Guys,

I tried everything you suggested. Every time I run the exe file it gives me the message "registry editing has been disabled by administrator".

I need help with this. I am really looking forward to contributing to this group but this is really giving me a major hindrance. Is there another way of sending you the data besides this??

dongbu205
          quite obviously you need to talk to the administrator of the pc. if it's you then run the progarm again as admin...
          How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Hi Dongbu205, this is clearly an administrator account issue on your PC..

Are you using Windows Vista? Try this link it.. hope it can help you out..
            http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html

Note: Careful messing around with gpedit.msc... If you don't know what you are doing seek help from the administrator of the PC..

Guys,

dongbu205

Comment

Hi Dongbu205 and welcome to Roadguide... Hope you have resolved your problem with the tips given above...

Comment

Hi folks!

Dongbu205
                Sir Dongbu205 welcome to Roadguide. I'm sure you will share some road tracks in your area. Please use 1's tracklog recording. read on "How To" record 1's track for your 255. happy mapping

Comment

Guys,

dongbu205
                  Hi dongbu205,

Welcome to Roadguide and start reading the "how tos".

If you logged in as Admin and still encountering said problem, chance is you are infected by a certain virus which disable registry editing..
                  See FAQ for Newbies below
                  Click Here

Comment

Working...
                  X