iPhone 3G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jan View Post
    what's the problem? cant you jailbreak it (that's what most frustrated owners end up doing from what i gather)?
    jailbreak? what will happen if i do that bossing idol

Comment

Originally posted by sinned View Post
      jailbreak? what will happen if i do that bossing idol
      fek if i know....
      me no like iphone...
      but aparently it allows you to upload more programs, do some googling on the issue...
      or use you mystic magical powers to read peoples minds regarding the issue
      How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

fek if i know....
        me no like iphone...
        but aparently it allows you to upload more programs, do some googling on the issue...
        or use you mystic magical powers to read peoples minds regarding the issue
        crack the os of iphone? dont want to do that now bossing idol i might lose my waranty maybe next year lolz

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
          This is a mini review of the iPhone application MotionX GPS.

I bought this at Apple iTunes App Store for $2.99. A lite and free version is available but you can only save 1 track and 3 waypoints. This paid version can save up to 101 tracks and 303 WPs.

This shows the current coordinates, altitude, dist. to WP, WP bearing, Signal bar and accuracy in meters. It shows 76m because I'm inside the garage but inside the car, the best I can achieve is 17m (that's why I'm looking for a re-rad antenna).

This is the track window. you can set it to auto zoom to fit the entire track in the screen.

Stopwatch window. Use it to create your track. You can also resume your stopped track and take a picture. Each time you take a picture, a WP is created. When you save the ttrack, the last picture taken is assigned to the track. Pretty cool!

The navigation window. You need to be moving to register the numbers here. The numbers are distance to WP, Speed Over Ground (SOG), WP Bearing, Course Over Ground (COG), Velocity Made Good (VMG), WP name, ETA and Time To WP. Impressive!

to be continued...
          sir i downloaded the free version of motion x how come when i zoom in or zoom out the map disapears? is it because im using a free version?

Comment

You should have data connection (either thru wifi, 3G, EDGE/GPRS) to see the map as the map is online. When you have downloaded the map of the location you need, the map is cached locally on device and will no longer need data connection.

The iPhone is not for every Tom, Dick and Harry. If you are after a real phone (read as communication device) it's a let down particularly due to the current limitations (no SMS forwarding, no copy/paste, no video calls, no mms, etc.) especially the virtual KB. If you're used to the conventional keypad/KB, it will take some time to get used to it. I have an iphone since its inception (2G and 3G) and I never liked the the way it utilizes text input. All these may change though once the 3rd generation iphone is introduced this June (plus OS 3).

Considering all the shortcomings, It is a technical marvel. The OS is a scaled down version of the Mac OS X (very stable OS. It almost never hangs or crashes or suffer from slowdowns. If you have tried Windows Mobile, you know what I mean). The screen is gorgeous and the CPU/GPU is equivalent to that of the Sony PSP in terms of processing power. That is why most of the apps available for it are game titles. Web browsing is the best in any mobile phone.

Jailbreaking is the process of making the file structure of the iphone accessible. At its default state, you cannot access the files in your iphone except those that you can see in itunes (songs, pics, videos). You can do a lot more with your iphone if it is jailbroken as you can install more useful apps not available in itunes and you can customize it in so many ways. Yes it will void your warranty but you can easily return it to its unjailbroken state when needed and Globe (or even Apple) won't notice.

For me, the iPhone is a multimedia device first before a cellphone. More of a toy with a GSM radio in it. Yes I still can't live without my iphone but when I need a real mobile phone--- I reach for my trusty Blackberry 8900.
            Last edited by amf; 05-09-2009, 19:43.

Comment

sir is it true that .IMG file compiled of garmin can be use as a .MAP file so we can use it on the iphone as an offline map with the GPS?

Comment

sir is it true that .IMG file compiled of garmin can be use as a .MAP file so we can use it on the iphone as an offline map with the GPS?
                I think there was an app (OfflineMaps I think) that can do that but last time I heard, it is not compatible with the current iphone OS (2.+).

You can try googling xGPS. I think it's the best navigation software so far. You need your iphone jailbroken though to install it.

The reason there is not much navigation software for the iphone is because Apple does not allow it. What Apple allows is the use of location apps only (you see your blip in a map). All this will change come June as Apple will start allowing true navigation SW. Once the new SDK allows access to navigation, I think Garmin devices will have a new competitor.

Comment

Originally posted by amf View Post
                  I think there was an app (OfflineMaps I think) that can do that but last time I heard, it is not compatible with the current iphone OS (2.+).

You can try googling xGPS. I think it's the best navigation software so far. You need your iphone jailbroken though to install it.

The reason there is not much navigation software for the iphone is because Apple does not allow it. What Apple allows is the use of location apps only (you see your blip in a map). All this will change come June as Apple will start allowing true navigation SW. Once the new SDK allows access to navigation, I think Garmin devices will have a new competitor.
                  ok thank you so much for that info sir amf ill just wait for june dont want to mess up with my phone right now will try to explore this first the right way(will place more bet in the lottery so i can get my first choice which is a blackberry storm)

Comment

ok thank you so much for that info sir amf ill just wait for june dont want to mess up with my phone right now will try to explore this first the right way(will place more bet in the lottery so i can get my first choice which is a blackberry storm)
                    or better wait for the nuvi phone?

Comment

or better wait for the nuvi phone?
                      when is it gonna be released?

Comment

when is it gonna be released?
                        no idea....

Comment

BB Storm??? I would advise against it. Look for the reviews first before getting one.

The Nuviphone I heard will be available 1st Q of 2010.

Comment

no idea....
                            that means it will give me more time to solicit money in quiapo since theres no date yet hehehe...... bossing idol you have change? can you spare me a quarter?

Comment

that means it will give me more time to solicit money in quiapo since theres no date yet hehehe...... bossing idol you have change? can you spare me a quarter?
                              i'll give you more than that...
                              i'll give you a complete peso... in exchange for that iphone you so dislike... so i give you money and do you a favour at the same time by removing that source of irritation...
                              that ok kuya sinned?

Comment

hehehe....

Comment

Working...
                                X