Proximity Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proximity Alert

Since our maps does not include railroad tracks, I used the proximity alert feature by taking waypoint of every railroad crossing I passed to alert me about 30 meters ahead. I was just thinking if our fellow members can contribute also so I can add further. This feature is important to me as I cross the railroad everyday as I take my daughter to school The waypoint is in gpx file and load it via POI editor. Attached are sample of waypoint. even humps waypoint will do also.

This is a great idea.. Aside from railroad crossing, what other proximity alerts can we contribute?

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
    Since our maps does not include railroad tracks, I used the proximity alert feature by taking waypoint of every railroad crossing I passed to alert me about 30 meters ahead. I was just thinking if our fellow members can contribute also so I can add further. This feature is important to me as I cross the railroad everyday as I take my daughter to school The waypoint is in gpx file and load it via POI editor. Attached are sample of waypoint. even humps waypoint will do also.
    Last edited by razorspells; 09-12-2009, 09:13.

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
      This is a great idea.. Aside from railroad crossing, what other proximity alerts can we contribute?
      schools, jinx street-accident prone (if we believe), intersections where MMDa's enforcers are hiding
      Last edited by jspalaroan; 09-12-2009, 11:32. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

Oh that's good.. location of MMDA enforcers..hehehe

I have some of those MMDA locations near my area.. although they are not always on their post all the time.... I'll work on it and submit some. What would be the symbol for this?

Hope others will do the same, let's mark / map them out... hehehe

schools, jinks street-accident prone (if we believe), intersections where MMDa's enforcers are hiding
        Last edited by razorspells; 09-12-2009, 10:16.

Comment

Oh that's good.. location of MMDA enforcers..hehehe

I have some of those MMDA locations near my area.. although they are not always on their post all the time.... I'll work on it and submit some. What would be the symbol for this?

Hope others will do the same, let's mark / map them out... hehehe
          symbols for railroad i use crossing or skull sign but enforcers maybe peso sign j/k c'mon lets give them the benefit of the doubt. I park once in Makati CBD I was surprised , the usual parking attendants was replaced w/ enforcers w/ guns- to give credit, they seems properly trained and courteous and wearing proper uniforms

Comment

Here's my first MMDA proximity alert along Doctor A. Santos Ave. Paranaque.. I set the proximity alert at 350 meters.. Hope others will share...

symbols for railroad i use crossing or skull sign but enforcers maybe peso sign j/k c'mon lets give them the benefit of the doubt. I park once in Makati CBD I was surprised , the usual parking attendants was replaced w/ enforcers w/ guns- to give credit, they seems properly trained and courteous and wearing proper uniforms
            Last edited by razorspells; 09-12-2009, 15:34.

Comment

Here's my 2nd batch.. Proximity Alert (MMDA prone areas):

1. Edsa cor Aurora Blvd: Got busted here going to Gateway Mall using RoadGuide map.. lane violation... I begged for mercy and I was let go.. whew!

2. Muntinlupa Area: a lot of them on Mondays and coding hours.. watch out!

Hope others will share...
              Last edited by razorspells; 09-12-2009, 15:35.

Comment

Here's my 2nd batch.. Proximity Alert (MMDA prone areas):

1. Edsa cor Aurora Blvd: Got busted here going to Gateway Mall using RoadGuide map.. lane violation... I begged for mercy and I was let go.. whew!

2. Muntinlupa Area: a lot of them on Mondays and coding hours.. watch out!

Hope others will share...
                did you make a correction in the track correction thread?
                else it might happen to someone else pa
                How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

Hi Jan, the map is fine.. no problem.. it was a driving mistake on my end during a right turn and I got busted..
                  I also was able to find Gateway Mall with our map.. awesome!

Originally posted by Jan View Post
                  did you make a correction in the track correction thread?
                  else it might happen to someone else pa
                  Last edited by razorspells; 09-12-2009, 16:33.

Comment

Here's an updated POI for MMDA proximity alert. I combined the collection into just one gpx file for loading to your unit..

Some areas covered are: Quezon City, Makati, Muntinlupa, Paranaque, Pasay
                    This is not a complete list but feel free to edit it in mapsource and export it back to a gpx file and upload it back to this thread..

I will be updating this file from time to time, same post to avoid duplication

Hope others will share..

Note: Instructions for POI loading to your unit are on this thread
                    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=598
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by razorspells; 09-14-2009, 23:36.

Comment

Here's an updated POI for MMDA proximity alert. I combined the collection into just one gpx file for loading to your unit..

Some areas covered are: Quezon City, Makati, Muntinlupa, Paranaque, Pasay
                      This is not a complete list but feel free to edit it in mapsource and export it back to a gpx file and upload it back to this thread..

I will be updating this file from time to time, same post to avoid duplication

Hope others will share..

Note: Instructions for POI loading to your unit are on this thread
                      http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=598
                      Thanks razorspells, will test it in real world

Comment

Working...
                      X