Why can't I see my tracks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can't I see my tracks?

I have created a couple of tracks to places where no roads are shown on the map by simply driving there and back. They didn't show at all on the Nuvi 265WT GPS while driving but did show up in Garmin Roadtrip (for Mac).

I edited them in Garmin Roadtrip taking out way points where I was riding a ferry etc. I added some POIs and changed the color of the tracks from unknown to light grey.

I sent everything to the GPS except the map.

The POIs all show up, including some I have deleted multiple times but the tracks still don't show on the GPS. RoadTrip and the GPS are set to highest detail.

Can anyone please advise what to do?

Originally posted by Skywoolf View Post
    I have created a couple of tracks to places where no roads are shown on the map by simply driving there and back. They didn't show at all on the Nuvi 265WT GPS while driving but did show up in Garmin Roadtrip (for Mac).

I edited them in Garmin Roadtrip taking out way points where I was riding a ferry etc. I added some POIs and changed the color of the tracks from unknown to light grey.

The POIs all show up, including some I have deleted multiple times but the tracks still don't show on the GPS. RoadTrip and the GPS are set to highest detail.

read the manual.
    nuvis dont accept tracks that you sent to it...
    we do....
    How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

hi skywoolf,
      1st, if you put waypoint and transfer to your nuvi, its only for your personal use
      2nd, you cannot just send tracks to your nuvi. you have to SUMBIT these tracks here and let the mapmaker do its thing to include them into the map for everyone to share

for short, submit your waypoints in the waypoints contribution thread and submit your tracks to the tracks contribution thread.

then if you submit enough, you'll get the contributors status and the contributors map (which is far more detailed)

thanks and good day sir
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

If you mean you want your logged tracks to be seen on your nuvi as tracks, simply go to setting>map>trip log> then select show

Hope this helps..

Comment

I fully intend to send the tracks and waypoints to you after I am sure they are accurate but I am really disappointed that the unit cannot accept the corrected and edited tracks that it created in the first place.

My problem is that most of the places I go to are either simple shopping trips etc where I really don't need the GPS or they are to areas where there are no roads on the map. I have two lots of land on Samal that I have visited once but can't remember the route so if I am shown the way again, I can then on later trips just follow the track I created when I was shown the way.

As I see it my choices are:

1. Send the tracks to you and wait for the updated map.

2. Follow paullex's advice which works fine but shows all the unedited and multiple tracks so that's gonna get very messy pretty quick.

3. Do 1 and/or 2 plus add temporary POIs to mark every turning I need to make so I just navigate by POIs until the map is updated.

Regarding the tracks. It seems that to get the GPS to update every second I need to risk messing it up and it would take weeks to get a new one, not to mention the cost so I am really very wary of doing that.

I assume you want this because it would create more way points for greater accuracy so... If when I create the final tracks I drive slowly would that achieve the same thing? Most of the roads are unpaved so my normal speed is only 10 to 40 kph anyway.
          Last edited by Skywoolf; 09-08-2009, 08:51.

Comment

Regarding the tracks. It seems that to get the GPS to update every second I need to risk messing it up and it would take weeks to get a new one, not to mention the cost so I am really very wary of doing that.
            Afaik your nuvi can do the where am i 1 2 3 4 thing, so as you dont have to change your flashware, you risk nothing.
            How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

hi Skywoolf here's a post by Jan that shows you how to activate the Nuvi 1s tracklog feature: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=384&page=2

I believe we have the same unit 265WT and I did not mess with the firmware, it worked on my end...

Comment

Working...
              X