newbie: nuvi 265wt vs nuvi 760

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie: nuvi 265wt vs nuvi 760

hi guys, im a newbie and i need serious help.

planning to buy my first garmin gps maybe next week but i cant decide which nuvi should i get.

Which Garmin GPS should I get? 265WT or 760?
    They are both 4.3 inch widescreen, with bluetooth, with text to speech. (All the stuff I need)

The price is about the same. Which one should I get?

another q: can i use my nuvi when i go hiking to check the altitude.

thanks for the help guys.

If you're going to use it in the Philippines, FM traffic reception is irrelevant.

That aside, I'm bent on the 265WT for its relatively cheaper price tag. But then, the 760 has this neat vehicle mount wherein the connectors are on the mount itself (no need to connect/disconnect the vehicle charger cable when you need to install/remove the receiver from the vehicle mount). However, the 760 is already discontinued. Also, due to its proprietary connector, it requires you to use the Garmin cable it came with to either charge or connect it to your PC (USB). The 765T replaced the 760, I believe.

The 265WT is newer and has the standard mini-USB jack at the back (works with most standard USB to mini-USB cables). And since the FM traffic receiver is an option, you don't have to pay for features you're not going to need anyway.
    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

thaks oj88 for your reply.

yes, im gonna use it here in the philippines. so basically the msn traffic is useless.

but the 265 map is much nicer than the 760 i think and there's a 3d terrain map on it, but it has no mp3 and more.

what do you think should i get, regarding about the features? and basically ill use it here in the philippines?

another question, does the 265wt and 760 have altimeter? because im planning to bring my unit when go hiking or traveling via plane to know the altitude.

thanks in advance!

Comment

my vote goes to nuvi 760, among the features that it has that the 265 doesn't have that really stands out (for me at least) is the "multiple route" feature (can save up to 10 routes and able to sort those routes according to distance practicality). This is useful, say when going on a road trip, you list down 10 of the tourist spots you intend to visit and the nuvi will make a route for you.

and remember the 7 series is a 'premium' nuvi compared to the 2xx series. they are only of the same price today because 760 is a phased out model, but so what... the 760 can still give the 260 a run for its money HTH

Comment

hi batulao,

good day to you sir.

why not go with the oregon series. it has altimeter, electronic compass.
          and you can use it inside the car. with regards to the mp3 features of the nuvi, sound quality is not really that good. better off wih your celphone mp3 hehehe

HTH
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by batulao View Post
            hi guys, im a newbie and i need serious help.

planning to buy my first garmin gps maybe next week but i cant decide which nuvi should i get.

Which Garmin GPS should I get? 265WT or 760?
            They are both 4.3 inch widescreen, with bluetooth, with text to speech. (All the stuff I need)

The price is about the same. Which one should I get?

another q: can i use my nuvi when i go hiking to check the altitude.

thanks for the help guys.
            In Nuvi 760 you can see the elevation. You can set it at "pedestrian mode" while hiking. if most of the time you will use it for car navigation then go for the 760 as this is really designed for but if if you want both worlds i.e. for hiking, then go for the portable models like Oregon or 60 Cx as suggested but its always a compromise (smaller screen, but you can use in car as well as in hiking) even me I'm thinking in getting a portable model too for convenience)

Comment

thanks guys for helping me decide kung anu bibilhin ko na unit.

2 nalang pag pilian ko, its either garmin gpsmap 60cx or garmin nuvi 760.

ndi ko na sinama yung 60csx ksi mahal sya masyado para sa budget ko.

what do think should i get?

i like the 760 because of the big screen, windshield mount, text to speech, mp3 and photo viewing. but, im a mountaineer and sometimes i go fishing. meaning mas rugged yung 60cx at waterproof siya. pasok para sa lifestyle ko.

i really love the looks of the 760. pero parang pang city navigation lang talaga siya e at ndi ok sa outdoor.

eto po pla plan ko:

yung dalawang unit napo kukunin ko pero yung isa sa december ko na bilhin pag bumaba na yung price nya.

my problem is which one should i buy first. nuvi760 or gpsmap 60cx?

help me guys. sakit na ng ulo ko e.

Comment

i like the 760 because of the big screen, windshield mount, text to speech, mp3 and photo viewing. but, im a mountaineer and sometimes i go fishing. meaning mas rugged yung 60cx at waterproof siya. pasok para sa lifestyle ko.

i really love the looks of the 760. pero parang pang city navigation lang talaga siya e at ndi ok sa outdoor.

eto po pla plan ko:

yung dalawang unit napo kukunin ko pero yung isa sa december ko na bilhin pag bumaba na yung price nya.

60cx for all around
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

eto po pla plan ko:

You're better off with the 60 series given your lifestyle and the way you plan to use your GPS. The Nuvi 760 just won't cut it as it's a car specific GPS. Please take a look at this very informative comparison between the 60CSx and the 60Cs (couldn't find one like this comparison for the Cx) http://patrick-roeder.de/reviews/gar...smap_60CSx.htm. But before deciding on the 60Cx, please note that as mountaineer you might need the electronic compass and barometric sensor not found in the Cx and for the price difference of a little less than 50 bucks, i'd say get the 60CSx, but maybe bias ako since i have one...

Btw, for on-topic post please use english next time and no text speak please. Taglish is allowed but only when not specifically discussing topics at hand. If you really want to post in tagalog, then please make an accompanying translation (enclosed in parenthesis) after the tagalog post. We do have an international audience and we don't want to alienate our forumers and our non-tagalog speaking kababayans...
                  Last edited by Borgie; 07-30-2009, 16:39.

Comment

between the 265 and 760, dun ka na sa 265. much better refresh rate and map redraw. BIG difference
                    Last edited by antonboq; 07-30-2009, 20:29. Reason: isinalin sa wikang ingles hehehe..

Comment

thanks again guys for helping me.

btw, what can you say about the nuvi 500 and 550?

is it good like the nuvi 760? i think its all around gps.

thanks!

Comment

any 2x5 series

Comment

Working...
                        X