Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS for Nuvi 205?

Hi all!

Newbie here! Good site and specially its FORUM/Forum members!=)

Just wanna ask if its possible to add/edit TTS file(say street names) to my Nuvi 205 system? and last thing, how do I reset it to its factory setting? Just wanted to choose Locale again. and is it important to choose the right locale so i can load-up Philippine map?

Originally posted by kenz17 View Post
    Hi all!

Newbie here! Good site and specially its FORUM/Forum members!=)

Just wanna ask if its possible to add/edit TTS file(say street names) to my Nuvi 205 system? and last thing, how do I reset it to its factory setting? Just wanted to choose Locale again. and is it important to choose the right locale so i can load-up Philippine map?

i don't think its possible... the Nuvi 200-205 series doesn't have the TTS feature.

Comment

Hi and welcome.

To answer your questions, there's absolutely no TTS support on the 205. It would probably require a cooked firmware from say the 255. But so far, nobody seems to have bothered with it as the price between the two only costs roughly Php 1k.

To return to factory defaults, hold down the lower-right corner of the screen while you power it up. It will then ask if you want to delete all user data. The map will have no bearing on whatever locale you choose. I believe it has more to do with the UI.
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Working...
      X