Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agva Toledo Series (4.3" Portable GPS Navigator Case)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agva Toledo Series (4.3" Portable GPS Navigator Case)

Found three models under this series.

4.3" GPS PU Case Black - Toledo GPS 5

4.3" GPS Nylon Case Black - Toledo GPS 6

4.3" GPS Case Black - Toledo GPS 7

Features:
    *Water-resistant.
    *Protection EVA hard-shell provides enhanced stock protection.
    *Padded compartment stores GPS unit, cables and accessories.
    *Micro fiber cleaning cloth attached to keep screen clean and smudge free.
    *Leather finish (GPS 5) and fabric finish (GPS 6/7)

My Thoughts:

GPS 5/6 Pros:
    *Provides a snug fit for the 765
    *More convenient to hold
    *Cheaper than the GPS 7
    GPS 5/6 Cons:
    *As far as I'm concerned, GPS 5's "leather" finish isn't even close to your typical leatherette car seat cover.
    GPS 7 Pros:
    *Although Agva says it can hold upto 4.3" GPSrs, this model actually is bigger than the 5/6. If you put a 765 in it, you still have about <2cm space on all sides and around 1-1.5cm thicker than the 5/6.
    *Both sides of the shell feel stiffer, in contrast to the 5/6 where the bottom shell feels softer than the top shell.
    *Has a more rugged/casual looking finish than that of the 6's
    *Could probably fit a 5" 1490.
    *Possibly a good alternative to (*)Speck's Techstyle Charcoal. Don't expect the same finish though.
    *Elastic straps to prevent the case from being opened 180deg.
    GPS 7 Cons:
    *Awkward to be toting around 'coz of its bulk, I guess even more awkward if you use a lanyard with it.
    *IMHO too big for smaller screen units, unless ofcourse you want to stuff it with other things, as an example, the 765 and an Omnia can be stored in it comfortably.
    *The elastic straps that prevent the case to be opened 180deg wide may make taking out your unit a little more irritating.
    General Pros:
    *MF cloth strapped to the case.
    *Extra interior net pouch for your memory cards and earphones.
    *Double zipper.
    *Elastic strap for your unit to prevent it from being tossed around in the case in case your unit's smaller than a, say, 765.
    General Cons:
    *No belt clip/strap, only comes with a D-ring and wrist strap. Hence, you either hold them like a clutch bag or get a lanyard that'll be able to hold them.
    *Comes only in black...AFAIK.

Verdict:
    If you're looking for an alternative to Garmin's Leather Carrying Case, I think none of these would fit the shoe. If you wouldn't mind toting faux leather around, the GPS 5 is your closest match. If you don't mind holding a bulkier than necessary case, the GPS 7 should be right for you. Else the smaller 5/6 are your best bet. If you prefer something you could hold comfortably and wouldn't look too out of place with your office attire and yet wouldn't look to rugged, the GPS 6 should do well.
    ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Alternatively, a tip i found in gpspassion forum, is to use DSlite cases. I got one from GreenHills for 300 pesos and my 255w fit perfectly in it.

Comment

30 bucks would get you a foam padded PSP pouch that works equally well in protecting my 255W from scratches when I put it in my backpack.
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Where can we buy this foam padded PSP pouch so inexpensive, sir? At cdrking? Their website's not loading right now, so I had to ask you.

edit: Hmmm... looks like they don't sell that one.
        Last edited by woohoo; 08-06-2009, 13:10.
        Certified Roadguide.ph Addict

Comment

Originally posted by dolm2m View Post
          Alternatively, a tip i found in gpspassion forum, is to use DSlite cases. I got one from GreenHills for 300 pesos and my 255w fit perfectly in it.
          saan sa greenhills mo sir nabili DSlite case?.. will the nuvi205 fit as well?

salamat sir
          Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often

Comment

nice suggestion.. i've been looking for a case of my nuvi for quite some time but didn't think of a psp case..hehe

Comment

Working...
            X