Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map Detail Setting (Most, More, Normal, Less, Least) Noob Question

Hi guys,

What are the advantages and disadvantages of setting the map details to Most or More on my nuvi 205? Will there any significant difference while I'm routing to a destination than setting it in Normal?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.
    SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Originally posted by Suntzu View Post
    Hi guys,

What are the advantages and disadvantages of setting the map details to Most or More on my nuvi 205? Will there any significant difference while I'm routing to a destination than setting it in Normal?

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance guys.
    No effect in autorouting. Only purpose of those settings is at what zoom level you would want to see them POIs appear. Setting it at the lowest means you get to see the POI only when you zoom in very close (not sure about the exact zoom scale in the Nuvi), and zooming out, the POIs disappear from view giving you a cleaner road map. Play around with the settings so you'll know what setting is best for you if you don't want to see the map cluttered with POIs at certain zoom levels when you only want to see better the lay of the streets. HTH

Comment

From what I gather, this setting only works in map view. Selecting "most" will show you all the POIs, even when your zoomed out. So much so that even major highways are potentially hidden under the clutter of POIs. The opposite is true vice versa.

This setting does not have any effect on navigation map view.
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Thanks sir Borgie and sir oj! I started to notice the difference through reading your comments.
        SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Originally posted by Suntzu View Post
          Thanks sir Borgie and sir oj! I started to notice the difference through reading your comments.
          Don't mention it. I still owe you for getting me into one of the "best" Palm forum a few years back.
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Oh, can't remember that hehe. Sorry, short-term memory.

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Working...
            X