Garmin NUVI 1300 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin NUVI 1300 problem

I have all the files and was able to install Mapsource using the extracted .msi trick, but for some reason when I open Mapsource, it does not see or automatically find the jklinc roadguide.ph 1.07 basic map that I have installed.

Is there a trick to assist Mapsource to find the required files?
    Last edited by doki; 12-28-2012, 05:56.

Originally posted by nixter View Post
    I have all the files and was able to install Mapsource using the extracted .msi trick, but for some reason when I open Mapsource, it does not see or automatically find the jklinc roadguide.ph 1.07 basic map that I have installed.

Is there a trick to assist Mapsource to find the required files?
    please post screen shot of mapsource with the menu clicked on "view" - "switch to product"

Comment

Nixter,

Just to clarify, did you install mapsource first before installing map 1.07? If not, you can try installing Map 1.07 again.

Please also post mapsource version you are using and OS of your PC just for reference.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

I did install Mapsource first, but I also tried re-installing map 1.07, just in case, no luck. I just did what Doki said, and there was the jklinc roadguide.ph 1.07 basic map in the drop down menu! I now have the correct map on the screen, now I am trying to see how do I transfer the map info to my GPS device?

I did this back in April for an uncle in Ph., now I do not remember how I did it, my Cousin is here from the Philippines, I am in Chicago, she is visiting and I wish to do this for her so she will have it done for her return trip tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far, very useful.

I am clicking on the Cebu and Negros maps, I remember from last time that this somehow loaded the maps onto the Garmin, but this time I am doing something wrong, maybe incorrect USB drivers, I installed the x64 bit version because I have Windows 7 64 bit installed.

Comment

step by step instructions are lost to me,...

I just remembered that last time I did this I was reading very exact, step by step instructions on how to do this, I cannot find that helpful post again, perhaps if somebody can point me to that one again, I'll be able to read it as before and figure it out from the instructions from that post?

The part on how to send the islands I wish to have the map data to my GPS device are needed.

Comment

I got it to work!

Thanks for the assist, I got it to work, I was using the incorrect selection tool, I needed to use the "Map Tool" icon to select the Maps that I wanted to transfer, once I stumbled upon this tool, I had success. My cousin is returning home with the device now able to help her navigate in the Negros, Cebu islands, she is so happy that I was able to help her, thanks to you guys!!!

Comment

Working...
            X