gARMIN nUVI 765

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone!

I just got a garmin 1350 LMT and I'm trying to add the PI map but I'm getting this message.

The map set is approx. 27.1mb, but only 16.2mb is available in the destination. Please select fewer maps.

Can you please tell me what should I do? I didnt have this problem on my 755 and 765

Thanks in advance

Comment

LMT does that mean Life time Map?
      Maybe, just maybe, the original map is too big that it has used up a lot of the internal memory. If so then try choosing only a few maptiles from RG to upload, then try, if that works, then maybe that is your problem. You could also check the free space of your unit by going to My computer and look at the Nuvi information. On the other hand, how about purchasing a SD card or a microSD card and put your map in there instead.

TTFN
      Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by BATIATUS View Post
        The map set is approx. 27.1mb, but only 16.2mb is available in the destination.

It seems like where ever you are loading the map onto is full (1350 or SD card). Try to check for free space like what boss arvin555 said.

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
        LMT does that mean Life time Map?

LMT=Lifetime Map & Traffic
        LM=Lifetime Map
        LT=Lifetime Traffic

LMT=Lifetime Manila Traffic

Comment

Yes its life time Map and traffic. Can I just delete the puerto rico map? if so how can I delete?

Comment

Originally posted by BATIATUS View Post
            Yes its life time Map and traffic. Can I just delete the puerto rico map? if so how can I delete?
            Better make a copy first before deleting, incase you may need the map in the future.

Making a copy or deleting is the same procedure.

Simply connect your nuvi to your PC, then look for the map that you want to delete or backup in the GARMIN folder within your nuvi.

If your Puerto Rico map is part of the North America map, this will be another procedure involving MapSource. Basically you would delete the map in your nuvi and then reload the new map minus the Puerto Rico MapSet.

Comment

OK I'm trying to load PH map for my friend. He has a nuvi 760. I'm uwing windows XP. I downloaded, The traingin center, intalled that. But it saying cant find my device. I can see it on my PC. I installed map source and its saying no previous map.. PLease help

Thanks

Comment

I think you better address the problem one at a time.

1. You said you are trying to install the map for your friend, does this mean that you have already installed the map yourself for your own GPS?

If so then should I assume that you have used mapsource before and have installed the 1.07 RG map already before?

If not, then please make sure you have installed, training center, then mapsource, then RG 1.07 map first. When you open mapsource, you should be able to choose from upper left corner a drop down menu and pick 1.07 map.

2. IF you are sure you have mapsource running properly, and you now want to install the map to the device, and the device cannot be found by Mapsource, then there is a possibility that you are experiencing the same problem as some of us have encountered read here:
                http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...highlight=1450

Hope this helps.
                TTFN
                Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by arvin555 View Post
                  I think you better address the problem one at a time.

1. You said you are trying to install the map for your friend, does this mean that you have already installed the map yourself for your own GPS?

If so then should I assume that you have used mapsource before and have installed the 1.07 RG map already before?

If not, then please make sure you have installed, training center, then mapsource, then RG 1.07 map first. When you open mapsource, you should be able to choose from upper left corner a drop down menu and pick 1.07 map.

2. IF you are sure you have mapsource running properly, and you now want to install the map to the device, and the device cannot be found by Mapsource, then there is a possibility that you are experiencing the same problem as some of us have encountered read here:
                  http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthrea...highlight=1450

Hope this helps.
                  TTFN
                  Arvin
                  I have installed this before on my 265 and 255. Im helping a friend out sinc he is going to pi tomorrow. First I downloaded Training ceter. It will tell me some device were found however, none have necessary capabilities. Please make sure your device is connected to the computer and turned on. I unzip the ph map Then I open map source. Map source will say previous map not map not found. will terminate. Please help

Thanks

Comment

batiatus,

I now realize that although you said you have done it before, I realize that you are doing a complete reinstall of Training Center and Mapsource, am I correct?

Would have been way more simple if you used the same computer that you install your other GPS with. Maybe you are helping to install training center and mapsource into your friends computer as well I guess.

1. Try to read this if it's the same as what you are having problem with:
                    http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4754
                    or this http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=4667

2. If not the same as the above, maybe the error you described is this:
                    "MapSource could not find any installed map products. Please install one or more MapSource products and start MapSource again."

If so, then you just have to reinstall the RG 1.07, please confirm it is an exe file so you do not unzip it, but you run the exe file. You then should have a folder named c:/JKLinc in the computer.

TTFN
                    Arvin

Comment

thanks everyone. I got a new pc and had to redownload everythig. I was able to fix it last night by using gmaputil fix map source

Comment

Working...
                      X