gARMIN nUVI 765

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gARMIN nUVI 765

Hi Everyone! Thanks god I found this site from google.

I am a noob.

After 27 years I am finaly going to visit PI. I have a Nuvi 765 and would like to know or if someone could direct me to the right link on how to unlock and download the PI map. Its been so long and dont want to get lost. I still remember when toll from Santa Rita to Balintawak was P5.25

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by BATIATUS View Post
    Hi Everyone! Thanks god I found this site from google.

I am a noob.

After 27 years I am finaly going to visit PI. I have a Nuvi 765 and would like to know or if someone could direct me to the right link on how to unlock and download the PI map. Its been so long and dont want to get lost. I still remember when toll from Santa Rita to Balintawak was P5.25

Thanks in advance
    http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2348

no unlocking needed.

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
      Thanks for the reply. Greatly appreciated

Now my other question is, How do I back up my old map so that when I go back here in the US I can use it here. Sorry for a dumb question. The GPS was given to me by my brother last year

Thanks

Comment

Now my other question is, How do I back up my old map so that when I go back here in the US I can use it here.
        Hi BATIATUS and welcome to Roadguide! You can copy your old map to your PC if you want but basically, no need to back it up as other maps (like Roadguide's) will be installed in the memory card of your 765... HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          Hi BATIATUS and welcome to Roadguide! You can copy your old map to your PC if you want but basically, no need to back it up as other maps (like Roadguide's) will be installed in the memory card of your 765... HTH
          Thank you.

Cant wait to install when I get home today. I'm pretty much driving from Bulacan to Alabang. Hope traffic is not that bad

Comment

OK before the wife kills me. Can someone please confirm this is right

Hook up 765 to PC via USB cable

Download
            maps source in my pc

then download and install
            jklinc_roadguide.ph_1.07_basic_map.exe

after install. I just power up?

Comment

OK before the wife kills me. Can someone please confirm this is right

Hook up 765 to PC via USB cable

Download
              maps source in my pc

then download and install
              jklinc_roadguide.ph_1.07_basic_map.exe

after install. I just power up?
              open mapsource
              on the upper left side of mapsource, you should see the 1.07 map there.
              use map tool in mapsource to choose the mapset you want to transfer to your unit.(it will turn pink)
              click transfer to device. a small window will pop up and you'll see you unit id.(you can choose if you want to install to sd card or the units memory).
              click send
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

thank you so much. This is the best forum out there so far where I get an instant response

Thanks

Comment

Thank you.

Cant wait to install when I get home today. I'm pretty much driving from Bulacan to Alabang. Hope traffic is not that bad
                  Welcome to RG , you will need a lot of patience when you drive from Bulacan to Alabang, plan your route, you can leave your car at the mall and take the Mrt, Bulacan to Alabang easy 2-3 hours this season.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Comment

thank you so much. This is the best forum out there so far where I get an instant response

Thanks
                    op cors
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                      open mapsource
                      on the upper left side of mapsource, you should see the 1.07 map there.
                      use map tool in mapsource to choose the mapset you want to transfer to your unit.(it will turn pink)
                      click transfer to device. a small window will pop up and you'll see you unit id.(you can choose if you want to install to sd card or the units memory).
                      click send
                      ok im lost. Im on mapsource. I can see the 1.07 map. I click thAT AND click send to device but its saying

to transfer data to your device, select maps or create waypoints, routes or tracks

Comment

ok im lost. Im on mapsource. I can see the 1.07 map. I click thAT AND click send to device but its saying

to transfer data to your device, select maps or create waypoints, routes or tracks
                        hi sir. did you follow kuya hbt's steps? i think you forgot this part
                        Originally posted by hbt View Post
                        use maptool, zoom out the map at 300km left-click and drag mouse to highlight the entire philippine map. then click transfer>send to device

Comment

Originally posted by doki View Post
                          hi sir. did you follow kuya hbt's steps? i think you forgot this part

use maptool, zoom out the map at 300km left-click and drag mouse to highlight the entire philippine map. then click transfer>send to device
                          Got so 13 maps total.

so what does it mean about route, track and so on? This map will help me navigate correct? I dont have to do my own route?

Sorry for all the stupid questions. I am learning alot

Thanks

Comment

Got so 13 maps total.

so what does it mean about route, track and so on? This map will help me navigate correct? I dont have to do my own route?

Thanks
                            no problem.

if you wanted to upload your own route, then you have to make route in mapsource then upload to your map by clicking the route box, same with waypoint, etc.
                            however, if you are asking if you can route using the map in your device, yes, you can use v1.07 free map as it is also routable.
                            once you become contributor, then the latest contributor map may be transferred to your device which is also routable and much much more updated.

Comment

Got so 13 maps total.

Thanks
                              just send the map tiles to your gps. no route or track needed.
                              once you have the map in gps, it will route you to your destination.

ps: do you know how to operate your gps unit? like putting destination?
                              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
                              X