255 vs 1490

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

255 vs 1490

what are the pros and cons of each? this would be my first unit and id like it to be portable and useable. Hope you guys can help me out with your suggestions and recommendations.

Originally posted by dannybe View Post
    what are the pros and cons of each? this would be my first unit and id like it to be portable and useable. Hope you guys can help me out with your suggestions and recommendations.
    last April-May, i owned two 1390s, the smaller sibling of the 1490. the first one became defective within less than a month of use. the store where i bought it in the US immediately replaced it. now this replacement lasted two weeks and went down on me again. same problem, it won't start showing only the garmin logo in an endless loop. i was surprised that when i googled on this issue, many had the same experience. some even had their units replaced 4 times.

i was told the 2xx series are non-issue units. i have friends who are happy 2xx users. i'm currently testing a 285W and i'm satisfied. it may not have vivid colors as what a 1390 boasts, but its worth the money spent. for now, i've decided to keep my 1390 until garmin produces a better firmware.

Comment

my 1490 experience

I have a 1490 and happy with it since it has the following:
      • bigger screen 5"
      • ecoroute HD option
      • bluetooth support

I only thing i can say for cons is that too big carrying in pedestrian mode.

Pricewise is excellent compared to other nuvis as I got mine refurbished from Amazon..Brand new/refurbished has same warranty. $110 difference from Brand new.

my 5 cents opinion..

Comment

Working...
      X