Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 205W Country Select

Hi all

I'm new in the forum and I need help on something.

My uncle bought me this garmin Nuvi 205W from the US when he came back home and when I'm setting it up my first problem was setting the country because there's only 3 countries installed on the GPS...

namely:
    USA
    UK
    Puerto Rico

and wondering how to upload the Philippine map on the GPS. I lurked in the forum for answers and after some thinkering i successfully uploaded the map to my device but my problem is the country setting w/c the GPS keeps setting it to USA thus making the tracking of places in the Philippines useless...

so is there anyway to set my GPS to Philippines so that when I open the GPS the home location will be here in the Philippines instead of the USA.

Thanks so much for your replies

Originally posted by neo1988 View Post
    Hi all

I'm new in the forum and I need help on something.

My uncle bought me this garmin Nuvi 205W from the US when he came back home and when I'm setting it up my first problem was setting the country because there's only 3 countries installed on the GPS...

namely:
    USA
    UK
    Puerto Rico

and wondering how to upload the Philippine map on the GPS. I lurked in the forum for answers and after some thinkering i successfully uploaded the map to my device but my problem is the country setting w/c the GPS keeps setting it to USA thus making the tracking of places in the Philippines useless...

so is there anyway to set my GPS to Philippines so that when I open the GPS the home location will be here in the Philippines instead of the USA.

Thanks so much for your replies
    go out in the open and let your gps get a satellite lock. it may take a couple of minutes. after that, the map should always indicate your actual position.

Comment

I already did that actually... but the bar won't go full and the signal strength is just 1 bar... what i did is i left the GPS do that for like 30mins... i left it in the car and nothing happens... I left it at the dashboard just below the windsheild but to no avail...

maybe i'll try it again in a few mins... thanks mod...

Comment

Originally posted by neo1988 View Post
        I already did that actually... but the bar won't go full and the signal strength is just 1 bar... what i did is i left the GPS do that for like 30mins... i left it in the car and nothing happens... I left it at the dashboard just below the windsheild but to no avail...

maybe i'll try it again in a few mins... thanks mod...
        well that's where your problem lies, getting a lock and not with the map. you gotta try again and be patient.

Comment

Working...
        X