Help Nuvi 255w "Cant unlock map"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Nuvi 255w "Cant unlock map"

So i bought a new Garmin from USA tru my sister i loaded it with demo and stored it in the unit although i have an sd card at that time but it installed in the nuvi memory now every time i open the unit it says this "cant unlock map" and the map still uses a basic map.. what should i do? to fix this mess.

i tried loading the contributor 1.13 and unlock maps on map source but still the same result.

Originally posted by boybakal View Post
    So i bought a new Garmin from USA tru my sister i loaded it with demo and stored it in the unit although i have an sd card at that time but it installed in the nuvi memory now every time i open the unit it says this "cant unlock map" and the map still uses a basic map.. what should i do? to fix this mess.

i tried loading the contributor 1.13 and unlock maps on map source but still the same result.
    did you ask a new code for the nuvi from the judge? 1 unit 1 code.
    and demo map is not for loading into the nuvi
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi Boybakal, you need another unlock code to load the contributors map 1.13 into your new unit, our maps which is provided by unlock code coming from the Judge is device specific, meaning each device has a specific unlock code. Try to PM the judge and see.

Comment

i used the new code for my nuvi from sir Judge but still got the same result

Comment

did you download this : http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2347
          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

make sure you install the upgrade patch 113 and 113a.
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Sir Hbt and sir reiji i downloaded and upgraded the map properly and it works well on my gpsmap 76csx..

i haven't tried registering yet the unit to garmin should i register it?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                make sure you install the upgrade patch 113 and 113a.
                Thanks guys i think this is where i went wrong i didn't notice the 113a patch coz i thought the upgrade patch and 113a is the same..

somehow after installing it looks like its working i got to go out to test it ill feedback later...

Comment

Thanks guys i think this is where i went wrong i didn't notice the 113a patch coz i thought the upgrade patch and 113a is the same..

somehow after installing it looks like its working i got to go out to test it ill feedback later...
                  should work with only 113 upgrade patch installed.
                  113a is for correcting poi names only.
                  FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                    should work with only 113 upgrade patch installed.
                    113a is for correcting poi names only.
                    Yeah that's what i thought also even if it not a patch or upgrade it didn't work before but after i upgrade to 113a it works.. all the same as long as it works its fine with me hehe thanks so much sir reiji...

i tested it awhile ago it works.. i just have tinker abit to understand abit more

Comment

Working...
                    X