HELP, Nuvi series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP, Nuvi series

im planning to buy a garmin gps, nuvi series, my friend had a nuvi 265wt, and im planning to buy the 500 or 550 series, what other model can you recommend aside from those models...? tnx

depends on your budget....

check this out: http://gpstracklog.com/compare/garmi...mparison-chart

this will help you decide faster
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

tnx, nice site!!! juz narrrowed my search to 255w and 265wt
      i also prefer the 550 if they had a bigger display than 3.5"

Comment

There's no availabe "wide" for the 550. Btw, if you plan to use the PND outdoors other than inside the car, like in biking or in a motorcycle, better get the 500/550 since it's waterproof and can be mounted with a handlebar mount. Check out the reviews here http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-550-3-5...owViewpoints=1. And welcome to Roadguide marksman...

Comment

can you suggest a reasonable garmin gps. MAX 13 thousand pesos. thanks. and by the way this is my first post.
          ER Nurse
          Rest but don't Quit

Comment

Originally posted by ianonline View Post
            can you suggest a reasonable garmin gps. MAX 13 thousand pesos. thanks. and by the way this is my first post.
            Nuvi 255w.

Comment

does it basically mean that the higher the number the more advance the gps. since you have suggested 255, is the nuvi 360 more recent?

i'm quite excited and overwhelmed with garmins range of product.

my criteria would be

PRACTICAL FEATURES: i know for sure that not all features are supported in our country

Extended Features: where am i, photos, mp3, and stuff like that. my sister is waiting impatiently on the line, i have to bribe her so she can wait. hehe

thanks..
              ER Nurse
              Rest but don't Quit

Comment

does it basically mean that the higher the number the more advance the gps. since you have suggested 255, is the nuvi 360 more recent?

i'm quite excited and overwhelmed with garmins range of product.

my criteria would be

PRACTICAL FEATURES: i know for sure that not all features are supported in our country

Extended Features: where am i, photos, mp3, and stuff like that. my sister is waiting impatiently on the line, i have to bribe her so she can wait. hehe

thanks..
                All the features you mentioned are present in the 255w, although it has no bluetooth. Garmin's model numbering is illogical, there are higher numbered models that were already discontinued.

The 255w will suit all your navigation needs without spending too much. You can get it at amazon.com for $140, which is less than half of your budget.
                Last edited by pokz; 04-24-2010, 17:58.

Comment

thank you soo much for being so helpful.. now one last hirit nalang po. hehe

285WT or 255W ?

i'll take your word for it and i'll press the buy button na.
                  ER Nurse
                  Rest but don't Quit

Comment

thank you soo much for being so helpful.. now one last hirit nalang po. hehe

285WT or 255W ?

i'll take your word for it and i'll press the buy button na.
                    285WT. Cheaper by $10, same features as the 255w plus it has bluetooth. Discontinued product though, that's why it's probably cheaper. But Garmin continues to provide support even with discontinued products. So a 285WT might be a better bet. Both does not have MP3 player.
                    Last edited by pokz; 04-24-2010, 18:18.

Comment

got it. can't wait to try it. thanks a bunch and i'm looking forward in becoming a contributor in the very very very near future.
                      ER Nurse
                      Rest but don't Quit

Comment

got it. can't wait to try it. thanks a bunch and i'm looking forward in becoming a contributor in the very very very near future.
                        Will be looking forward to your contributions for you to fully enjoy your Nuvi.

Comment

For 13k you can get nuvi1390. Same features plus its ultrathin.
                          FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

although 265w have all of the above mentioned and bluetooth, which you can pair it with your celphone and use it hands free. very useful IMHO
                            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                            X