Nuvi 765 unlocking map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 765 unlocking map

I have just been given my key and I believe i have eventually downloaded the new upgraded maps, I ran the key unlock wizard, but when I switch on my gps it says, "unable to unlock maps" can someone help me please???
    John
    Last edited by jnieurzyla; 03-29-2010, 10:40.

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
    I have just been given my key and I believe i have eventually downloaded the new upgraded maps, I ran the key unlock wizard, but when I switch on my gps it says, "unable to unlock maps" can some help me please???
    John

1. did you give the unit id or the serial number? you should give the unit id NOT the serial
    2. if you give the unit id then try this. if there is - in between the number try to remove it. if not put the - sign. ( its best if you just copy and paste the key to the unlock wizard
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

unlock map

I did the copy and paste method, and there is no "-" in the number.

Comment

I have just been given my key and I believe i have eventually downloaded the new upgraded maps, I ran the key unlock wizard, but when I switch on my gps it says, "unable to unlock maps" can someone help me please???
        John
        Download the patches here to make your map a contributor's version map...http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=2186

Comment

Downloads

This I have done this with all 5 files on the page, and its still the same error.

Comment

Problem solved

I cleared out all files, rebooted and reinstalled everything again on my PC, and now my gps unit does not give the error, and is showing the latest updates, so thank you guys and gals, though I am reluctant to upgrade my mapsource yet, until I am more confidant with everything.

Comment

though I am reluctant to upgrade my mapsource yet, until I am more confidant with everything.
              dont upgade the mapsource, but transfer the map to your nuvi using the map tool on mapsource. it'll be fine
              read #7 onwards

K. WHAT TO DO AFTER GETTING UNLOCK KEY FROM THE JUDGE

1. Download and save all 3 upgrade files in one folder.
              Download contributors map upgrade here:
              http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1973
              Here you should get 2 files: upgrade1xx.exe and upgrade1xx.d01
              Download patch if any.
              2. Run upgrade1xx.exe.
              3. Open mapsource. It will tell you that map is locked.
              4. Go to ==>Utilities ==>Unlock maps
              5. Input 25-digit unlock key from The Judge.
              6. Run patch if any
              7. Map info in mapsource should show "Roadguide.ph map 1.xx - contributor map".
              8. Plug your gps unit to PC.
              9. Select map using maptool button. Maps selected shall highlight with a pink color.
              10. Click 'Send to device'.
              11. When completed, unplug gps unit, verify if latest map is now loaded.
              If yes then you are all set to go with your contributors map. Congrats!
              Note: If you use standard map 5.08 and installed it in your SD card, delete it first before transferring contributors map.
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
              X