newbie question about dark map display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

newbie question about dark map display

Hi all! I have a nuvi 765. I noticed that my map during night time is really dark, like roads are colored brown against a dark blue background while the other displays like icons and tracks (light blue) is very good. My question is, can I change the "color schemes" of am I stuck with this?

Thanks and more power!

Originally posted by mic2x View Post
    Hi all! I have a nuvi 765. I noticed that my map during night time is really dark, like roads are colored brown against a dark blue background while the other displays like icons and tracks (light blue) is very good. My question is, can I change the "color schemes" of am I stuck with this?

Thanks and more power!
    Yes you can micmic. Try to change the display settings, maybe it's set to night mode that's why it's all dark even in daytime. Change it to day mode if you want the map background light all the time. Have you downloaded Suntzu's typ file? You should...

Comment

hi 'borgie, yep, I downladed his typ file already and installed it. I ran ok in mapsource but how will I install it in my gps? Thanks again.

Comment

hi 'borgie, yep, I downladed his typ file already and installed it. I ran ok in mapsource but how will I install it in my gps? Thanks again.
        If the typ's being used in mapsource already, that's the same typ that will be sent to your gps along with the map (no need for you to do anything else, in short) ...

Comment

thanks again borgie!

Comment

If the TYP is installed already in your mapsource, you have to send it again the whole map to your gps unit to replace the current map(w/ no TYP or old typ) with new TYP.

Going back to your original question, which is dark even at evening, ,check the brightness of your unit, maybe it set too low. Mine at set it about 20%, otherwise its too bright if its set to 100% which make us difficult to drive.
            Last edited by jspalaroan; 02-01-2010, 18:22.

Comment

Yup-yup, what I did was to download my existing map from my gps to my desktop then upload again to my gps.... now its working nicely! Roads are clear and bright--- too bright actually that I followed your advice changed to 20% brightness. Thanks again borgie

Comment

Working...
              X