Newbie help required,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie help required,

Hello, I am a very new newbie with waypoints, in fact i know nothing except the idea is great.
    The practical setting side is total magic, I have just purchased a new NUVI 765, and installed your base map, not sure how, but it works hahaha.
    I was out around my area, and seemed to sepnd more time off road than on the provincial road.
    So my question is I need an idiots guide from line 1, from how to set up way points on my Nuvi, then showing all the stages from switching it on, to finishing and saving the data.
    Also how to list gas stations, SM malls, hospitals etc on the way, as well naming the various roads, ie. Marharlika highway etc.
    Please can somebody he;lp me, I do not want to feel I have wasted my money.
    Thank you
    John

Originally posted by jnieurzyla View Post
    So my question is I need an idiots guide from line 1, from how to set up way points on my Nuvi, then showing all the stages from switching it on, to finishing and saving the data.
    Also how to list gas stations, SM malls, hospitals etc on the way, ...
    You should be able to find this information in the manual that came with your Nuvi. Read the manual and it will give you step-by-step how-to record waypoints, how to find previously recorded waypoints and POI's, how to quick-find food, gas and police, etc.

... as well naming the various roads, ie. Marharlika highway etc.
    I take it this part of the question involves you uploading data that you've collected to the Roadguide.ph site? Please read the "How to" section here http://roadguide.ph/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23

especially Reiji0463's recently compiled "FAQ on How to thread for newbies" here: http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=1526
    Experiencia Docet

Comment

The instruction manual has very little info, it does not say create way points. Now does every journey I make, automatically make a file within the system? if so how do I acknowledge this and save it as a file?
      I told you I am a total newbie hahaha

Comment

The instruction manual has very little info, it does not say create way points. Now does every journey I make, automatically make a file within the system? if so how do I acknowledge this and save it as a file?
        I told you I am a total newbie hahaha
        Read first FAQ for Newbie as state by hennme69c then post your question afterwards.
        Recording waypoints- look for where i am screen...save position, name it, then you have recorded one waypoint.
        Recording tracks- check if you have easter egg log:
        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....9&postcount=11
        Read this also:
        http://www.roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=232
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

The instruction manual has very little info, it does not say create way points.
          Owner's manual page 10, look under Favorites.

http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/2721_OwnersManual.pdf
          Experiencia Docet

Comment

sir, going out of topic,

what is the purpose of the SD memory slot?? coz ive been checking and i cant see any connection of the MEMORY i inserted with the gps??? is it for storage file only like a USB?
            Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Comment

Originally posted by masterzypher View Post
              sir, going out of topic,

what is the purpose of the SD memory slot?? coz ive been checking and i cant see any connection of the MEMORY i inserted with the gps??? is it for storage file only like a USB?
              you can store your maps in sd card if unit memory is not enough.
              FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by masterzypher View Post
                sir, going out of topic,

Hi masterzypher,

Another purpose of your memory card is to store tracklogs in .gpx format. Once your internal memory overflown, the tracklogs will be automatically erased from the starting from the earliest data onward or will be saved in the external memory (card) depending on your saving set up. Once saved into the external memory, the GPS could not use it anymore and must be uploaded into your pc for viewing and processing.
                See FAQ for Newbies below
                Click Here

Comment

ahhh.. okay... thank you sirs! anyway, i wasnt aware of that feature from my nuvi 250.. can anyone help me with this?
                  Fortuna Favet Fortibus

Comment

Working...
                  X