POIs are not visible on Nuvi 260W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POIs are not visible on Nuvi 260W

When I was in the Philippines in December, I noticed that while navigating or cruising the POIs along the way are not visible on my Nuvi 260W. Is it a map bug? I was using ma version 1.09.

I observed my unit when I came back in Indonesia using the Indonesia map and it's visible.
    See FAQ for Newbies below
    Click Here

hi rg,

i think its the unit problem coz my 205 shows but my 710 doesnt show much.

like wht i've posted before, sometimes the view of too many poi clutter up the screen becomes a distraction. 0.02
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      hi rg,

i think its the unit problem coz my 205 shows but my 710 doesnt show much.

like wht i've posted before, sometimes the view of too many poi clutter up the screen becomes a distraction. 0.02
      Hi Sir hbt,

But my question is why POIs are visible when I use Indonesia map? In your 710 you said it doesn't show much. At least some POIs are visible but in my unit it's totally blank.
      Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
        Hi Sir hbt,

But my question is why POIs are visible when I use Indonesia map? In your 710 you said it doesn't show much. At least some POIs are visible but in my unit it's totally blank.
        it's totally blank too in my 710.

Comment

Ditto on my 255W. Can't see any POI (other than those in my favorites) when in 3D map mode. But when in 2D, they're all there. In fact, the Map Detail settings work only in 2D.

In case you guys are talking about something else, sorry.
          There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

mine too, nuvi 760. only roads show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv View Post
              it's totally blank too in my 710.

ate liv,

if you zoom closer it will show, but not much
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

Comment

ate liv,

if you zoom closer it will show, but not much
                mine is 760. totally no poi in 3D mode. tried everything except firmware update but to no avail.
                in roadguide2k case, maybe its something to do with map.
                FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiji0463 View Post
                  mine is 760. totally no poi in 3D mode. tried everything except firmware update but to no avail.
                  I believe Sir Reiji is correct because i could see POIis if i use Indonesia map. May be we need to tweak something in the map making to be able the map to be fully functional in each GPS unit we use..
                  Click Here

Comment

our unit is the same but with poi in 3D mode but it shows my poi (not all) but my unit version is from M'sia /Sin so I guess its firmware needed. why not update your firmware he he (upgrade at your own risk, anyway na back up naman he he)

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                      our unit is the same but with poi in 3D mode but it shows my poi (not all) but my unit version is from M'sia /Sin so I guess its firmware needed. why not update your firmware he he (upgrade at your own risk, anyway na back up naman he he)
                      yes sir will update once my 60csx arrives.
                      firmware update on nuvi might lose its easter egg track capability.

Comment

yes sir will update once my 60csx arrives.
                        firmware update on nuvi might lose its easter egg track capability.

as the saying goes" why fix it if it aint broken"

just for some poi on the screen, i wouldnt risk bricking my unit.
                        a lot of what ifs...
                        - Bruce Lee

Comment

a lot of what ifs...
                          I have to agree with this one. Although there's lot of info in the net about f/w updates for cps' and gps, i haven't ever tried to do one yet. Not only am i wary of bricking my "aint broken" unit but when i ask myself what advantages will i get if i do the f/w update vis-a-vis the risk involved, it always seems to me that the cons far outweigh the pros. But that's just me...

Comment

a lot of what ifs...
                            youre right grandpa...it would be risky, and doing it one would be ready for consequences.
                            but looking at it generally, i say its broken since other same model can display poi in 3D mode.

Comment

youre right grandpa...it would be risky, and doing it one would be ready for consequences.
                              but looking at it generally, i say its broken since other same model can display poi in 3D mode.
                              It would be good if we have an old unit to be used for practice and load various firmware from US, then shift to Asian version etc. but not of course our main workhorse ( in my case my Nuvi 760 in Manila, I update the firmware but always double check from the mfr site). My 60 csx (for provincial assignment lang) is performing well and currently collecting wpts in the province.Note: best to collect waypoints if you are the passenger and not the driver. If you can live without firmware upgrade so be it but you might be loosing a lot of features. IMO the reason why we have the update because there is a bug that needs to be rectified and maybe the chances of bricking is low as compared to successful upgrade otherwise if we are afraid of bricking the unit during upgrade , then the upgrade is no meaning at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X