How to update Garmin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to update Garmin

Can you please guide me to the step by step procedure on how to update my Garmin software of my Garmin Nuvi 680?

nuvi 680
    Software Version is 4.20
    Audio Version: 2.20
    GPS SW Version: 3.00
    Bluetooth SW version: 0.00

Originally posted by PageDown View Post
    Can you please guide me to the step by step procedure on how to update my Garmin software of my Garmin Nuvi 680?

nuvi 680
    Software Version is 4.20
    Audio Version: 2.20
    GPS SW Version: 3.00
    Bluetooth SW version: 0.00
    hi sir pagedown,

please go to garmin website at garmin.com
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Go to Garmin's website then download and install the Webupdate application.

You just plug in your Nuvi into your computer's USB port and run Webupdate.
      There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Okay na po, mga bro. I already updated my nuvi 680 from SW 3.2 to 4.8. It took me 20 mins. to update.

Anyway, thank you for the help.

Comment

if possible, i would like to recommend updaing the unit by downloading the firmware first, then copying to to your nuvi. this lessens the risk of possibly damaging your unit by a suden loss of internet connection.

Comment

Originally posted by spyghost View Post
            if possible, i would like to recommend updaing the unit by downloading the firmware first, then copying to to your nuvi. this lessens the risk of possibly damaging your unit by a suden loss of internet connection.
            Thanks for the recommendation. Good thing that I have a DSL at home & it didn't take long for me to update the software.

Comment

Btw, how will I put the ver 1.09 demo to my Garmin Nuvi 680 without using Mapsource?

Comment

Btw, how will I put the ver 1.09 demo to my Garmin Nuvi 680 without using Mapsource?
                You can't. Demo map is for mapsource viewing only and for you to check your planned contributions against the updated map to avoid duplication. For the meantime (until you attain contributor status), please install the free standard map in your nuvi... HTH

Comment

hi sir,

you cannot put the demo to your nuvi. it can only be install on mapsource and serve as reference if and when contributing data

good day sir
                  Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                  - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
                  X