Advantages/Disadvantages of Memory Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advantages/Disadvantages of Memory Card

What are the advantages/disadvantages of installing the map on a memory card? PLease advise. Thank you.

i do have a memory card in one of my gps, but i don't install anything in it... the internal memory of the gps can pretty much accomodate any map that you would want to install.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty View Post
      What are the advantages/disadvantages of installing the map on a memory card? PLease advise. Thank you.
      its an additional space if you will install big size maps.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty View Post
        Advantage of installing maps on memory card is that if you manage to install a corrupted image map file then all you have to do is take out the memory card to delete it. But if your adding maps through mapsource then i think you would be fine.

Comment

Just the additional size would be the advantage. Especially if you purchase the us map which is about 1.9 gb. Btw, get a good quality memory card since the cheap ones have slow access times and you would notice some lag
          no waypoint left unturned

Comment

Originally posted by bunta510 View Post
            Just the additional size would be the advantage. Especially if you purchase the us map which is about 1.9 gb. Btw, get a good quality memory card since the cheap ones have slow access times and you would notice some lag
            so not all memory cards are created equal. i did start a thread on what is a recommended memory card but the response i got was any brand will do

based on your post above, what memory card do you recommend that has good speed and reliability?

Comment

Abacus Computer at V-Mall sells reasonable priced and authentic memory cards like Transcend. Plus it comes with 1 year warranty.
              memory from CD-R King are often slow. The label says class 6 but its really class 4. You get what you pay for.

Comment

I use my memory card to store my custom POIs. With this, I can store as many (dependent only on memory card capacity) and I free up my Nuvi memory. I prefer custom POIs instead of Favorite POIs since I want to attach sounds to my POIs and at the same time use my own downloaded POI icons.

Comment

Working...
                X