my Nuvi 760 does not say street names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my Nuvi 760 does not say street names

I was under the impression that this unit can convert text to speech and actually say the street name or POI but alas, it says the same thing, i.e. "in 100 meters turn right..."

I have the contributor's map and there are a lot of street name identified in the map but the unit won't say the names. Any info on this gents?

Originally posted by BongC36 View Post
    I was under the impression that this unit can convert text to speech and actually say the street name or POI but alas, it says the same thing, i.e. "in 100 meters turn right..."

I have the contributor's map and there are a lot of street name identified in the map but the unit won't say the names. Any info on this gents?

hi bong,
    760 does say street name.
    try going to the language setting
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Then select a language that is TTS capable.
      I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

i also use 760 and it says streetnames...only problem is pronunciation.
        try those suggestions of hbt and tofu. im sure it will work.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

If settings don't work, upgrade your firmware via Garmin website using webupdater, lot of bugs on old firmware

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
            hi bong,
            760 does say street name.
            try going to the language setting
            Why didn't I think of that

I'm active in many forums - cars, computers, sports, etc but this is the ONLY forum that I know of where the moderators and the senior members as as helpful as you are, gentlemen. Your patience with newbies is exemplary!
            hbt, Tofu, Borgie, the Judge and the rest, THANKS!
            Last edited by BongC36; 12-08-2009, 18:01.

Comment

Why didn't I think of that

I'm active in many forums - cars, computers, sports, etc but this is the ONLY forum that I know of where the moderators and the senior members as as helpful as you are, gentlemen. Your patience with newbies is exemplary!
              hbt, Tofu, Borgie, the Judge and the rest, THANKS!
              EHEM... thanks
              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Working...
              X