X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvi 205

New features:
    # New -- HotFix (Long Term Ephemeris Prediction) finds satellites faster
    # New -- Digital Elevation Model (DEM) Basemap shows 3D shaded terrain features
    # New -- Faster 333 Mhz processor offers faster, smoother map drawing and vehicle icon motion through turns
    # New -- Redesigned user interface offers more information
    # New -- Photo Navigation lets you upload geo-coded photos from a phone, geo-coding camera or photo site and navigate to them.
    # New -- Add Dynamic MSN Traffic and Content with the optional GDB 55 antenna and charger
    # New -- Send addresses directly to your Garmin from Google Maps or Mapquest
    # New -- Automatic Time Zone Transition

Also found out that nuvi 205 will record tracks automatically. It can be found in : garmin/gpx/position.gpx
    Last edited by andy; 12-18-2008, 22:27.

also, this unit is not usable with nroute.

Hidden menus:
    press battery icon for 5 seconds: diagnostic menu
    press speedometer for 5 seconds (or the whole screen for that matter) : dump report, memory usage, memory allocation, versions, etc

Comment

Nuvi 205

Hi, I also have a Garmin Nuvi 205 from the US so it is pre loaded with USA maps. How do I load the phil map here? Can I just download the gmappsup.img and then transfer it to a microsd and use it directly to the unit?? Sorry am kind of new here.

Comment

Look @ How To section

Jibu,

I'm not sure if you already found the answer, anyway, you can find the instructions on the How To section:

http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=3
        br,
        Rick

Comment

i got the same unit. would you guys know where i can get additional voices?

Comment

Any chance we can arrange a meeting?

Is there a chance we can arrange for a meeting so that some of you who are more familiar with gps can help the newbies who want to learn and participate in making contributions? I notice there are some mistakes or need correction on the roadguide philippine map in my area and I certainly want to help in making our roadguide map the best and accurate map.

Andy, you are a major contributor. Can you help by meeting with us and make us active contributors, too? Thanks!

Comment

My unit is coming from canada! Its been a while since I sold my phone with garmin xt. Can't wait to get my hands on the unit!

Are all the features compatible here in Manila?

Comment

Originally posted by alpha-q View Post
                Are all the features compatible here in Manila?
                Yes...

Comment

robie,

there is a downloadable voice from the garmin garage (elfred and dr nightmare). for other voices, try googling ".vpm garmin voices" or ".vpm garmin files".

hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by andy View Post
                    also, this unit is not usable with nroute.

Hidden menus:
                    press battery icon for 5 seconds: diagnostic menu
                    press speedometer for 5 seconds (or the whole screen for that matter) : dump report, memory usage, memory allocation, versions, etc

Meron palang ganito. Ok i'll try this one later. Thanks

Comment

Nuvi 205

I have a nuvi 255, the manual sucks, I would like to find my way back to the truck after a day in the woods, can any one explain how to do this in detail, and can this work without leaving the power on all day to save the battery? thanks for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by vubando View Post
                        Meron palang ganito. Ok i'll try this one later. Thanks
                        press signal strength icon in the upper left hand corner for 5 to 10 seconds .... and you will see the number of satellite fixes as well as the accuracy in terms of meters.

Comment

Originally posted by helicop View Post
                          I have a nuvi 255, the manual sucks, I would like to find my way back to the truck after a day in the woods, can any one explain how to do this in detail, and can this work without leaving the power on all day to save the battery? thanks for any help.
                          hi helicop,
                          what you can do is save your truck position as favorite then turn off your unit, by the time you want to find your trucks location, wait for the satellite lock and look for your truck save in my favorite
                          Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                          - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Nuvi 205

A quick test: create a new, blank file in ExpertGPS, and then click Receive from GPS. Does the waypoint you tried to transfer to your nuvi show up in the file? If so, its on your GPS.

Comment

I just got on board. In my browsing, I read there was an invitation for a meeting so the newbies can have a familiarization tour of the nuvi gps units. Did the meeting materialize? I am very much interested and hope the others, too!
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X