This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidentally uninstall my MAP

Sir help naman, accident na nabura ko ang SPAIN MAP ko while uninstalling PHILIPPINE ROUTABLE MAP. Help me please.

Originally posted by arnielbenz View Post
    Sir help naman, accident na nabura ko ang SPAIN MAP ko while uninstalling PHILIPPINE ROUTABLE MAP. Help me please.

hi arnielbenz,

did you back up your nuvi files? if not tsk tsk tsk... if you can join one of our eb maybe we can take a look, but.... don't keep your hopes up
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      hi arnielbenz,

did you back up your nuvi files? if not tsk tsk tsk... if you can join one of our eb maybe we can take a look, but.... don't keep your hopes up

Sir i'm out of the country and matagal pa ako makakauwi, I want to contribute to Phil. map para makakuha ako ng contributors version and magamit pag uwi pero dahil sa kata... ko ay na uninstall ko ang spain map ko.

Comment

Sir i'm out of the country and matagal pa ako makakauwi, I want to contribute to Phil. map para makakuha ako ng contributors version and magamit pag uwi pero dahil sa kata... ko ay na uninstall ko ang spain map ko.
        Again, you are reminded for the 2nd time to please post in english or include an english translation in your post if you can't help it. Taglish is okay as long as you're discussing asides and not the topic at hand... TIA

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
          Again, you are reminded for the 2nd time to please post in english or include an english translation in your post if you can't help it. Taglish is okay as long as you're discussing asides and not the topic at hand... TIA
          Sorry sir, I posted this before I open the other post regarding on my tagalog posts on the other thread.

Comment

hi sir arnielbenz,

plug your nuvi to the computer. go to c/nuvi/garmin folder.
            you will see those gmapprom, gmapbmap etc. inside the folder
            can you post those and their file size.
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hi arnielbenz,

Is it possible that map of the country where your gpsr was bought from would not be erased on your unit? Example is my Nuvi which was bought from USA, where US map was preinstalled , is not erasable, therefore could be checked and unchecked only?

And i can only install either one of Indonesia, Philippine or Malsingmap at a time.
              Last edited by Roadguide2000; 12-06-2009, 10:24.
              See FAQ for Newbies below
              Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
                Hi arnielbenz,

Is it possible that map of the country where your gpsr was bought from would not be erased on your unit? Example is my Nuvi which was bought from USA, where US map was preinstalled , is not erasable, therefore could be checked and unchecked only?

And i can only install either one of Indonesia, Philippine or Malsingmap at a time.
                Correct, I think it can only be erased once you upgrade of your firmware of your unit. The map is installed in the rom of your unit however I do have once experience that the installed map was erased too hence a back up is really needed. You can always try to contact Garmin and advise your dilemma and hopefully they would allow you to re download the map etc.

My Singapore/ Malaysian map was not upgraded as the version I have was a lower version (I did not upgrade as I seldom come to Singapore) hence on their website (Garmin) they ask me to contact the dealer from where I bought the unit . So my advise to fellow members, check from Garmin from time to time if they have upgraded map (your original map installed in your gps) and upgrade if possible coz otherwise you will be referred to the dealer .

Hi Roadguide , Ganon ba? mine is you can install several maps and uncheck the maps you don't use .
                Last edited by jspalaroan; 12-06-2009, 21:00. Reason: add word

Comment

Originally posted by jspalaroan View Post
                  Correct, I think it can only be erased once you upgrade of your firmware of your unit. The map is installed in the rom of your unit however I do have once experience that the installed map was erased too hence a back up is really needed. You can always try to contact Garmin and advise your dilemma and hopefully they would allow you to re download the map etc.

My Singapore/ Malaysian map was not upgraded as the version I have was a lower version (I did not upgrade as I seldom come to Singapore) hence on their website (Garmin) they ask me to contact the dealer from where I bought the unit . So my advise to fellow members, check from Garmin from time to time if they have upgraded map (your original map installed in your gps) and upgrade if possible coz otherwise you will be referred to the dealer .

Hi Roadguide , Ganon ba? mine is you can install several maps and uncheck the maps you don't use .
                  USA map is always there and either one of Indonesia, Phils or Malsingmap only.
                  See FAQ for Newbies below
                  Click Here

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                    hi sir arnielbenz,

plug your nuvi to the computer. go to c/nuvi/garmin folder.
                    you will see those gmapprom, gmapbmap etc. inside the folder
                    can you post those and their file size.
                    sir i dont have any of those, only voice, text, vehicle, help apps, etc... folders.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadguide2000 View Post
                      Hi arnielbenz,

yes sir it was erased the only remaining are these folders voice, text, vehicle, help apps, etc... folders. No gmapprom ang gmapbmap.
                      Last edited by arnielbenz; 12-07-2009, 06:53.

Comment

yes sir it was erased the only remaining are these folders voice, text, vehicle, help apps, etc... folders. No gmapprom ang gmapbmap.
                        Then, that means you can't recover it. You'll have to load it again from your installation cd if you have one.

But, did you check your memory card? Maybe it was stored there...
                        I am but a figment of your imagination... with a post count of 9999 or greater.

Comment

Originally posted by Tofu View Post
                          Then, that means you can't recover it. You'll have to load it again from your installation cd if you have one.

But, did you check your memory card? Maybe it was stored there...
                          It was totally erased sir, i never use memory card. I dont have an installation cd. Tomorrow I will contact again the Garmin support here.

Thanks for the time sir.

Comment

What's the model of your garmin? Xxxxxxxxxx
                            Last edited by Borgie; 12-08-2009, 09:32. Reason: Openly soliciting to unlock maps. Do it again & you will be banned without prior notice...

Comment

Originally posted by MFB View Post
                              What's the model of your garmin? Xxxxxxxxxx

Garmin NUVI200 sir

Comment

Working...
                              X