No announcement yet.

Questions about GPS in PH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can select one waypoint at at time. Do I have to do this for every waypoint? There must be a way I can select all of them at once and then copy them into the garmin. Now that I have the map all I need is the waypoints.. hbt I owe you a beer.

Thanks

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by B2B View Post
      I can select one waypoint at at time. Do I have to do this for every waypoint? There must be a way I can select all of them at once and then copy them into the garmin. Now that I have the map all I need is the waypoints.. hbt I owe you a beer.

Thanks

Bill
      actually bill.. we have a lot of waypoint in the standard map. try to check your settings in the nuvi, set it to most or try to zoom it to the max...
      Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
      - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Are any POIs in the Std Map. I have the streets but that is all.

Thanks

Bill
        in mapsource, try zooming in. whatever poi's in mapsource will be copied into your unit using maptool.
        FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Update on Progress - looking good!!!

Okay I am able to see that I also downloaded he waypoints that were included with the std map. In mapsource when you do the transfer only the map was able to be checked off so I did not think I had any waypoints. I tried finding some things in Manila and was able to see some POIs were in there. Can not check map routing with this unit so I hope that part works. It can not calculate a route with me being so far away.

Next step will be to see how I can contribute. I can see how you can add waypoints in mapsource. I am not sure how I get these to anyone so they can add them to the map though. Are you looking for things to add that are not in the mapsource version I have now? I think there is a limit to how many I can add. Thanks to all for the help it took some time but I have the basic version now.

Comment

Okay I am able to see that I also downloaded he waypoints that were included with the std map. In mapsource when you do the transfer only the map was able to be checked off so I did not think I had any waypoints. I tried finding some things in Manila and was able to see some POIs were in there. Can not check map routing with this unit so I hope that part works. It can not calculate a route with me being so far away.

Next step will be to see how I can contribute. I can see how you can add waypoints in mapsource. I am not sure how I get these to anyone so they can add them to the map though. Are you looking for things to add that are not in the mapsource version I have now? I think there is a limit to how many I can add. Thanks to all for the help it took some time but I have the basic version now.
            1. you can check map routing in your nuvi, just set gps simulator to "on".
            it means it will work offline from gps satellites.
            2. how to contribute, pls read "how to" thread. but you must compare first with latest demo map 1.09, if its not there yet then its worth contributing. contributions being accepted now will be included in version 1.10.
            3. keep in mind that what you have in your nuvi is our standard map, which is way way older than the current contributor map.
            4. demo map 1.09 is same with contributor map but can not be uploaded to gps unit.
            FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Working...
            X