Splash Screen Problem (265WT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splash Screen Problem (265WT)

Hi guys, my splash screen accidentally got ruined along with the "GARMIN" start up logo. I don't know if my update to 5.70 caused it or not. I tried resetting the device (master reset) and reinstalling the software but to no avail. Is there anyway I can restore my 265WT to its immaculate condition?

hi ricky, do you have a customized start-up image before you updated? Try selecting it again or select another image.. HTH..

Originally posted by ricky View Post
    Hi guys, my splash screen accidentally got ruined along with the "GARMIN" start up logo. I don't know if my update to 5.70 caused it or not. I tried resetting the device (master reset) and reinstalling the software but to no avail. Is there anyway I can restore my 265WT to its immaculate condition?

Comment

hi razorspells,

yes, i changed the splash screen before however, that's just one of my problems when i accidentally unplugged my 265wt from the usb port, the "GARMIN" logo (the first logo that shows before the customized splash screen) got modified into a white rectangle patch. then the splash did not work anymore.

i tried to replace the splash screen into another image, master reset, reinstall the software, but to no avail. i think my only hope is reflashing the firmware, but i couldn't get my usb port to detect my device in updater.exe (i tried doing this in boot camp in my mac and in my other windows laptop)

Comment

hi ricky, you did everything and I guess reflashing would be the next step.. you can also try connecting it on a different USB port.. Also if the bootup comes through try pressing the battery icon for about 6-8 seconds there are some diagnostic information that might help you out... HTH..

hi razorspells,

yes, i changed the splash screen before however, that's just one of my problems when i accidentally unplugged my 265wt from the usb port, the "GARMIN" logo (the first logo that shows before the customized splash screen) got modified into a white rectangle patch. then the splash did not work anymore.

i tried to replace the splash screen into another image, master reset, reinstall the software, but to no avail. i think my only hope is reflashing the firmware, but i couldn't get my usb port to detect my device in updater.exe (i tried doing this in boot camp in my mac and in my other windows laptop)

Comment

The diagnostic test is wonderful! shows a lot of information about the device. No wonder I couldn't boot manually into preboot. It seems that 5.70 has a boot block software installed within the firmware. Everything is fine except for the line of the Splash screen. It says, "fail"

Comment

I was able to reflash the gps using the updater.exe. You just have to put in diagnostic test first then plug the unit into the usb port. However, reflashing did not solve my problem.

Comment

ok glad you tested it.. will try to look for some answers.. we have the same unit and version but I have not encountered this type of problem before.. I also use web updater to update my unit and every time I do that, I just hope it won't get interrupted..

The diagnostic test is wonderful! shows a lot of information about the device. No wonder I couldn't boot manually into preboot. It seems that 5.70 has a boot block software installed within the firmware. Everything is fine except for the line of the Splash screen. It says, "fail"

Comment

Thanks! I guess I'll just have to deal with it

Comment

hi ricky, if possible can you send a screen shot of that white rectangular patch that you mentioned..

Thanks! I guess I'll just have to deal with it

Comment

ok, here it is:

sorry for the low quality pic, i just took it using my iphone

after the rectangular patch shows where a previous "GARMIN" would pop up, the splash screen becomes blank. then when you connect the nuvi to the comp, a black screen shows instead of the usual "GARMIN"

Comment

hi ricky, thanks for sending a screen shot.. so basically if you try selecting a new image as your startup image it still won't display, correct?

Comment

yep, you got it right

Comment

hi ricky, I checked other forums regarding this white screen problem and I believe the only way to go is flashing the firmware. I think this is the last resort since the default splash screen got corrupted.. I sent you a PM please check..

If you are to proceed with the flashing be sure your usb connection is working perfectly. Also you might want to contact garmin and they might have a better solution.. Good luck... HTH..

yep, you got it right

Comment

Thanks for the link, razorspells.

Unfortunately, the issue still persists. I also contacted Garmin and they readily replied, but what they suggested did not work either.

Comment

Working...
                            X