nuvi 255w unit flooded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuvi 255w unit flooded

Hi, together with my Innova, my nuvi 255w was submerged in flood water during the height of typhoon Ondoy. Tried to air-dry with a hair dryer but to no avail it will not work anymore. Anyone knows of a reputable repair shop where i can send the unit for repair?

thanks!

Originally posted by dolm2m View Post
    Hi, together with my Innova, my nuvi 255w was submerged in flood water during the height of typhoon Ondoy. Tried to air-dry with a hair dryer but to no avail it will not work anymore. Anyone knows of a reputable repair shop where i can send the unit for repair?

thanks!
    hi sir,

you can try geotech in araneta center, cubao.
    if not, you'll have to bring it to garmin taiwan but it will cost you about half the price of the unit
    HTH
    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by hbt View Post
      hi sir,

you can try geotech in araneta center, cubao.
      if not, you'll have to bring it to garmin taiwan but it will cost you about half the price of the unit
      HTH
      Thanks for the tip. Would you know the contact number of geotech?

Comment

hi dolm2m, try this link.. it has the address of GeoTech
        http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....66&postcount=4 HTH..

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
          hi dolm2m, try this link.. it has the address of GeoTech
          http://roadguide.ph/forums/showpost....66&postcount=4 HTH..
          Thanks for the link. I called them up, and i had a disappointing response - "they don't repair units that were not purchased from Geotech".

Comment

ok dolm2m, that's too bad.. anyway thank you also for the feedback... looks like you either send the unit to taiwan or just purchase a new one...

Originally posted by dolm2m View Post
            Thanks for the link. I called them up, and i had a disappointing response - "they don't repair units that were not purchased from Geotech".

Comment

nuvi 260 w flooded

i got this nuvi 260w from abroad but it got flooded during the ondoy day
              it is still never been used, i tried to open the unit so that i can disconnect the battery and try to dry it up using hair blower after it is dried up i turn it on but it keeps on resetting/rebooting after it load the map.
              pwede pa kaya tong unit? me mapapagawaan ba ko dito since sa abroad ko to binili? sayang naman yung unit pag hindi nagawa! tia!

Comment

Originally posted by leimajmaodon View Post
                it is still never been used, i tried to open the unit so that i can disconnect the battery and try to dry it up using hair blower after it is dried up i turn it on but it keeps on resetting/rebooting after it load the map.
                pwede pa kaya tong unit? me mapapagawaan ba ko dito since sa abroad ko to binili? sayang naman yung unit pag hindi nagawa! tia!
                hi there,

you have to send it to garmin taiwan to have it fix.
                Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Originally posted by leimajmaodon View Post
                  Try turning it on without the Sd card

Comment

Originally posted by elkabong View Post
                    try turning it on without the sd card
                    sir it doesnt have an sd card

Comment

try using compressed air.. air coming out of the hair dryer might not be enough to flush out the water trapped beneath the electronic components.. i'm not familiar with the inside of our garmin but you may give it a try. we also use lacquer thinner to clean electronic boards. flood water is very corrosive. if you able to make it work again without cleaning the board, it might corrode in due time.

Comment

Working...
                      X