Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy Garmin Nuvi products in Manila?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hennme69c View Post
    This is an interesting thread. I've checked some prices here in-country and find they're outrageous! Sometimes 4 times what I would pay for the same unit in the USA.

OK, so you buy from Amazon or eBay and have it shipped to a stateside address and then it's forwarded by a service like johnnyair.com or FedEx or UPS. I'm sure there are customs declarations/duties. Anybody have any idea what they are? Any examples?
    hello sir henme,
    sir empty told me a few weeks back. that he bought it via ebay geekdeal and UPS shipping costs about $26 and there is also a duty tax of P1750. thus if your unit costs $169, then total cost would be approx a little more than P10k.
    i was also tempted to do the same, however, i was able to buy my nuvi from US via a friend's relative at about same price (without the risks of mishandling during freight).
    Last edited by doki; 02-28-2010, 12:42.

Comment

Originally posted by razorspells View Post
      hi native_kim, thanks for the Johnny Air link. I'm looking for that kind of service.. thanks a million..
      yeah i think this was mentioned also by hardright sometime ago.
      FAQ for Newbies? Read here.

Comment

Thanks, doki. The reason I asked was that I'm going to the States in a few weeks and thought I might be able to save some forum members some money by doing exactly that. I'll post an offer in a different thread and see if it generates any interest.

Originally posted by doki View Post
        hello sir henme,
        sir empty told me a few weeks back. that he bought it via ebay geekdeal and UPS shipping costs about $26 and there is also a duty tax of P1750. thus if your unit costs $169, then total cost would be approx a little more than P10k.
        i was also tempted to do the same, however, i was able to buy my nuvi from US via a friend's relative at about same price (without the risks of mishandling during freight).
        Experiencia Docet

Comment

Originally posted by hennme69c View Post
          Thanks, doki. The reason I asked was that I'm going to the States in a few weeks and thought I might be able to save some forum members some money by doing exactly that. I'll post an offer in a different thread and see if it generates any interest.
          now that will definitely be a big help to everybody. the good thing is that they are assured of good handling of the device. i'm sure many would take up on that offer.

Comment

I am thingking of selling or swapping my nuvi 660 for a unit that can track so I can make contributions . You folks seem to know going on rates, what price can I get out of it?

Comment

I want to buy gps too, but having a hard time looking for one unit that is good for me? hmmm im thinking of 255?

Comment

Originally posted by blackmamba View Post
                I want to buy gps too, but having a hard time looking for one unit that is good for me? hmmm im thinking of 255?
                i have a 255w. works well for me

Comment

BTT: Try InfoMax in MoA (NorthMall). Went there before to ask if they could service my Nuvi 765, unfortunately they don't. They did ask me to try their Megamall branch.

As for pricing - they told me their Nuvifone G60 is PhP 38T, openline.

HTH
                  ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post
                    BTT: Try InfoMax in MoA (NorthMall). Went there before to ask if they could service my Nuvi 765, unfortunately they don't. They did ask me to try their Megamall branch.

HTH
                    too expensive kuya.

you can even buy a ticket to taiwan or singapore with that price and come back.
                    my G60 cost around 25t.
                    with regarding to open line... only the US G60 have a lock in with AT&T
                    Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                    - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Hehe. I know kuya. The price quote was just to give everybody a rough idea how much the wares would cost in that particular store.
                      ʇɐʞө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʍɐʎ bo!uʇƨ, ꞁөɐ٨ө uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ pʁөɐq ⅽʁ∩wpƨ, ʞ!ꞁꞁ uoʇµ!uɓ p∩ʇ ʇ!wө.

Comment

Originally posted by B2Bomber View Post

HTH
                        whats wrong with your nuvi 765? Are you still within 1 year of purchase? I can help you get an rma and have that repaired in Garmin Taiwan.

Comment

Hi, sir hbt.

I'm interested in getting a nuvifone. May I know what your feedbacks/comments are about this unit?

TIA.

Comment

to avoid custom duty

send it thru a balikbayan box. its tax free.

Comment

Originally posted by bradp View Post
                              Hi, sir hbt.

I'm interested in getting a nuvifone. May I know what your feedbacks/comments are about this unit?

TIA.

so far its holding ok. but still cant find the hidden 1s track recording @#$%$# hahahaha

i would advise you to buy an extra battery tho...
                              Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
                              - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Garmin 260W

Got my Garmin 260W from Ebay for US$110.00, roughly PhP5,300.00. Saw one being sold at Market Market for Php17,800.00.
                                Garmin 260W

Comment

Working...
                                X