Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to buy Garmin Nuvi products in Manila?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lilchadee, please do not not use bold text, it's just like shouting. please edit your post. TIA

Comment

Canvassed prices at GPS shops at Cubao and Taguig, and all I could say is that they are really "pricey"!!!!The simple nuvi 250w and 760 costs 7k more than what they sell on-line, while the Oregon 550 costs 8k more (when I can actually buy the slightly upgraded 550t at less the price).

Thanks for the head-up sirs! I though I was day-dreaming when I inquired about these GPS shops' prices as compared to the prices bargained by someone who was trying to sell his Garmin GPS products on-line. At first, I assumed it was the shipping (freight) costs that justified these GPS shops' prices. Browsing over your posts, I was enlightened (very much enlightened, indeed) to the reality of their inflated prices. Thanks guys!

Good thing I bought mine from a fellow Filipino trader at one of our reputable on-line trade site, and not from these shops. Otherwise, I'll be losing lots of money over some "unhealthy" business deal.

Comment

hi Gruffles, we're glad to help you out... hope to see your contributions soon or better yet attend the EB on the 24th and meet your fellow roadguide members..

Originally posted by Gruffles View Post
        Canvassed prices at GPS shops at Cubao and Taguig, and all I could say is that they are really "pricey"!!!!The simple nuvi 250w and 760 costs 7k more than what they sell on-line, while the Oregon 550 costs 8k more (when I can actually buy the slightly upgraded 550t at less the price).

Thanks for the head-up sirs! I though I was day-dreaming when I inquired about these GPS shops' prices as compared to the prices bargained by someone who was trying to sell his Garmin GPS products on-line. At first, I assumed it was the shipping (freight) costs that justified these GPS shops' prices. Browsing over your posts, I was enlightened (very much enlightened, indeed) to the reality of their inflated prices. Thanks guys!

Good thing I bought mine from a fellow Filipino trader at one of our reputable on-line trade site, and not from these shops. Otherwise, I'll be losing lots of money over some "unhealthy" business deal.

Comment

Hello sir razorspells!!

Nice to hear from veteran contributors like you. Thanks for the guidance. I have lots of data here in my GPS that I'm still editing / updating in mapsource. I'll upload those when these are all ready na sir. As for the 24th, the demands of my job forced me from ever abandoning my post here in Isabela. Otherwise, I'll be marked on awol. He! He! I believe you still have other scheduled EBs sir? Hmmm.....During Christmas holidays? Anyway, thanks for the info, sir razorspells.

Going back to the topic, I posted this because I want to inform fellow newbies like me to avoid the costly mistake of buying too early without further research in the Internet. The latter offers a wide variety of reasonably priced GPS as compared to what they sell at local GPS shops. However, patience (in looking) and haggling (bargain pricing with sellers over the net) must be your profound values in order to get the best deal.

It's just that I'm grateful that there are concerned experts out here who are not greedy enough to share their advices, experiences, and motivation to newbies of this site. More power guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffles View Post

hi gruffles,

you can try amazon or tigergps and let them ship it by postal. still cheaper

HTH
            Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.
            - Bruce Lee

http://www.youtube.com/v/7m-SEdOKrE4...yer_detailpage

Comment

Is 14000 pesos for a brand new garmin nuvi 760 a good price to buy arleady?

Comment

Originally posted by MFB View Post
                From a swift review online, it looks like they are sold, in the US, for between appr. 210-290 U$

Thats equal to just above 10000 to just below 14000.

So if your 14000 is here in RP and it's really brand new, I think thats a fair price?

As a comparision, LA car accesories (Makati) has this for S.R.P Php 18900,-)

HTH
                Questions? Check Out The: "HOW TO"

Comment

no. fased out model. most likely refurbished if you buy it here as well
                  How to get the upgraded map.

It's a sick world and I'm a happy man...

Comment

MFB of mapalad?
                    SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post
                      From a swift review online, it looks like they are sold, in the US, for between appr. 210-290 U$

So if your 14000 is here in RP and it's really brand new, I think thats a fair price?

HTH
                      Thanks for the info. Sending it over to Manila adds around 1000 to 1500 including interstate shipping.
                      Last edited by MFB; 10-31-2009, 14:44.

Comment

I know how you can buy Garmin here in Manila at good prices. Price is US price plus shipping only. Problem is I cannot post it here since its advertising. So how can I help those reading this thread?

Mods, I tried looking for any rule about this and I cant find any. Please PM me on how to go about this. Thanks

Comment

try this:

http://www.navco.com.ph

Ask for a pricelist through email

They're offering 1-year warranty..

Comment

Originally posted by jonatle View Post

HTH
                            I bought mine (760) at Sgd 690 less Gst (7%) about sgd 641 (about Php 21K) last October 2008 preloaded w/ Sg/MY map. Really expensive in Singapore

Comment

Which online store?

Originally posted by hbt View Post
                              better buy it in the US, they're having a mega sale right now.(you'll get better value for your money) then load it with the FREE map here.
                              Could you please point me to which online stores offer the best deals for Nuvis?
                              TIA!

Comment

I know how you can buy Garmin here in Manila at good prices. Price is US price plus shipping only. Problem is I cannot post it here since its advertising. So how can I help those reading this thread?

Mods, I tried looking for any rule about this and I cant find any. Please PM me on how to go about this. Thanks
                                Could you share us how sir/ma'am? I'm looking for a Nuvi -havn't figured out what model to buy though(too lazy to compare features)

Comment

Working...
                                X