This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blckrvntr View Post
    I noticed there are duplicate entrees such as The Suriya Spa and Citibank Savings in near Fun Ranch Tiende.

Hi Blckrvntr,

FYI, i have submitted a delete file for these two POIs already. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by blckrvntr View Post
      Ok.. got it.. Hopefully this will do na. Cleaned duplicates, POIs are near road and indicate if correct POI. Although I can't put comments on POIs that are already on the map. I noticed there are duplicate entrees such as The Suriya Spa and Citibank Savings in near Fun Ranch Tiende.
      Just a tip: i noticed that one of your waypoints has this label "Monte Cristo Construction Supp". I think this was written as "supply" but when you saved your file and opened it again, it did not come out right. Pls. check your mapsource settings, menu bar "edit/preferences/waypoint" then "limit application created names" set this to 100 characters.

Yes, you can put comments on the POI that are already on the map. Use the "waypoint tool", point it at the POI you want to comment on, double click (opens the waypoint properties dialog box), then put in your comment, click "ok". This is also how you select those POIs that are the be corrected/deleted then uploaded in the waypoint corrections thread. HTH

Btw, just for clarification, when we say POI (point of interest), it is a mark already existing on the map. When we say waypoint, it is the gps marking that you want included in the map, that becomes a POI once it is incorporated in the Roadguide map.

Comment

Pampanga Waypoints

Pampanga Waypoints

Comment

Originally posted by pacafrat View Post
          Pampanga Waypoints
          Hi pacafrat,

Please take note of these:

1. 2 of your 3 waypoints are already in the map. Check first against the map if the waypoints you are planning to submit are already or not yet there.

2. Your one and only semi correct waypoint (Orchid Hotel, Raymond St.) is located in the middle of the road. Move it to the correct side of the road where it is actually located.

3. Remove maps, tracks, and routes from your waypoint submission. Unless, the last 2 are just for reference. In your case, you included Northern and Southern Luzon maps.

4. Use the @ sign instead of the comma (,). In your case; Orchid Hotel, Raymond St., use Orchid Hotel@Raymond St
          Last edited by Suntzu; 09-18-2009, 21:05.
          SMS Machine • PictureSMS • SMS Commander • BattLogger • TraceCrash • MemoManager • vCardManager

Suntzu Software for Palm Treo

www.suntzu-software.com

Comment

some more waypoints in jupiter and makati areas. jools dovino

Comment

Originally posted by Borgie View Post
              Hi daspicer. Have you downloaded the demo map v1.07? You should install that map as your waypoint contributions will be checked against the updated map. Please read this thread on how to prepare your waypoints for contribution http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=761. After going over that thread, check your waypoints again to see if it meets the standard as posted in that thread, particularly about duplicate waypoints and the best positions for waypoints. HTH and hope to see more contributions that meet the standards...
              Sorry, I'll try again with some new waypoints. I see now that mine were duplicates.

Comment

Waypoints in Metro Manila.

Jeez, it's getting harder and harder to upload waypoints.. a lot of them are already on the 1.07 map
                The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. - A.E.

Comment

After getting great advice from hbt on how to correctly contribute, here are my waypoints contribution. This is a collection of waypoints from Northern Luzon and Metro Manila. I also added corrections to existing waypoints.
                  Last edited by Hardright; 09-19-2009, 22:48.

Comment

some Batangas waypoints
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Hardright View Post
                      After getting great advice from hbt on how to correctly contribute, here are my waypoints contribution. This is a collection of waypoints from Northern Luzon and Metro Manila. I also added corrections to existing waypoints.
                      Nice waypoints you have there sir. Just a comment, please separate the waypoints for deletion on a separate file and upload in the waypoints correction thread. Also please put the waypoint tool on top of the waypoint to be deleted when creating the POIs for deletion. Thanks.

Comment

my first post and contribution. i hope i got it right.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by jcbasf; 09-23-2009, 07:52. Reason: revised location of LBC Bank@P. Burgos St

Comment

Originally posted by jcbasf View Post
                          my first post and contribution. i hope i got it right.
                          Yes, you got it right the first time. Seems you have read so much before you posted. Great work.

Comment

here are corrected waypoints for police station 11 and swagat indian cuisine
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pokz View Post
                              Yes, you got it right the first time. Seems you have read so much before you posted. Great work.
                              thanks. I've spent hours studying the proper way of contributing. i'll try to submit corrected waypoints next time.

Comment

Originally posted by balongbalong
                                Hi, my first POI contribution mostly in Dagupan City
                                Hi balongbalong. Please check the location of your waypoints as they are a bit far from the centerline of the road. When naming waypoints that are inside buildings or malls, please follow this instruction:

"or if a waypoint is located inside a mall or building, use the building itself as the address: Jollibee@2nd Level, SM Southmall (compulsory)"

In your case, it would be "Melvin Department Store@Nepo Mall". There's also a duplicate waypoint for CSI Mall, please re-check. Please read up more on the waypoint standards http://roadguide.ph/forums/showthread.php?t=761. After editing, please delete your previous upload before uploading the corrected gdb file. TIA
                                Last edited by Borgie; 09-20-2009, 21:00.

Comment

Working...
                                X